Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2011 activation: serial # not valid

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1234 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2011 activation: serial # not valid

Hi,

After installing AutoCAD LT 2011, I'm unable to activate it using our product's serial number ("The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)").

We have enough seats (10) purchased so there shouldn't be an issue with running out of licenses. To be safe, I tried using the License Transfer Utility to remove a license off another machine in our office - but I got the same error message about the serial number not being valid. Can someone please contact me directly to see what the issue may be?

Thanks,

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

it could be any one of these

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-S...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

I see a potential cause in there regarding subscriptions - I'm wondering if the activation is failing because our office hasn't renewed a subscription? I'm not totally how this works... but our office purchased the 2011 product with 10 seats, but chose not to renew a subscription (desktop or maintenance?) this year. Would that effect the ability to transfer a license from one machine to another?

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Most likely if during the last four years on sbuscription someone decided to install 2012/2013/2014 or 2015 before you decided to drop the subscription.

Being on subscription means you had access to later versions the whole time.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Just got this resolved with the help of an Autodesk Support person... They gave me an Activation Code.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost