Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT 2010 uninstall failure

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
558 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCad LT 2010 uninstall failure

After installing a new hard drive on my computer, I tried to install AutoCad LT 2010.  The installation got about half way through then hung up. It sat there forever. Could not Cancel, could not close dialog box. Could not power down by normal means. Only way was to do a hard power cycle on the machine.  When the machine was started again, I tried to do the installation again. The AutoCad installation thinks that it is already installed and will not proceed.  If I try to use Control Panel to Uninstall, AutoCad LT 2010 shows in the list of programs, but if I try to uninstall, I get the Setup error, "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed."  Apparently, due to the partial installation Windows 7 won't uninstall it, but AutoCad will not finish or reinstall.  Suggestions on how to proceed?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Tried Microsoft Mr. Fixit.   Didn't work.

The other links involve editing the registry which I am not comfortabledoing.

Our IT guy installed Norton Utilities and after several passes, was able to get it uninstalled.

We're good now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost