Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2010 Tool Palettes

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
donatella.mazzini
687 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad LT 2010 Tool Palettes

Hi, I am looking for some info on Autocad LT 2010. Need to find out if it's possible to create wall and window tools.

I do not have it availabe at the moment so I can't check myself.

Thank you in advance to everyone that will help me!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: donatella.mazzini

You can create any content you want, it all depends on your ability to design them as you wish to use them.

Message 3 of 11

Theres alot of tutorials and good training materials out there, just search around the web and you'll find plenty of useful things.

As Dean said, you need only creativity and ability.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 11

Thank you for answering.

I thought it might have some limitations like there are for inserting raster images and such.

I might have a small job to work on, and I am considering buying the LT version (can't afford the full Autocad version at the moment).

One of the requirements is that I am able to create wall and window tools, and that my client is able to work on them with his full version after I send him my files.

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 11

Thank you very much for answering.

Is it really that with an LT version you can create everything that you can create with a full version? At my former job I always had to go to a station with a full version to insert raster images into my LT-created files. I tried to find a way to do it but eventually gave up.

Was I not creative enough? If oyu tell me so I will definetly try again!

Message 6 of 11

You need to download the LT Trial and see what you can do.

What was the previous version that you worked on?

And to answer your first question: No, LT is limited in what can be created in relation to the Full version.

And specifically: What is/are wall and window tools as you see them?

Message 7 of 11

That's what I thought.

I used to work on LT 2007 and LT 2008. The copy that I would purchase is LT 2010.

It's a really great advice, I will download the trial version right away and see.

My prospect job is in helping in a small residential project, and my client (the designer) would like me to use the "wall and window tools" specifically, to speed up the drafting compared with using blocks and/or lines and hatching.

I did some research on them and started practicing on my Full 2011 trial version.

But I need to let him know today if I'll be able to work with the licenced copy that I intend to buy in case I get the job.

Hope I was clear in my explaining my situation.

Thank you for the reply.

Message 8 of 11

LT will not have those Window and Wall Tools that are in the Full or likely another vertical like Architectural Desktop. If you want to do that kind of 3D drafting you will need the Full program.

Current shipping therefore download versions are 2013.

You should be able to test drive all the versions you are interested in looking at for 30 days.

Good luck.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 9 of 11

Looking at the 2013 LT trial version seems like I will be able to create the palettes that my client would like me to use. It is not a 3D tool that he's referring about, just 2D. I believe an older version of LT will have the same capability.

Thank you again!

Message 10 of 11

So you want Palettes.

Let us know if you need any help or guidance there.

Make sure you right click an icon on the Palette to see what you can do.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 11 of 11

Regarding raster images, versions of LT since 2010 are much better at handling them than older versions.  The images view and print properly, and are easy to attach and detach.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost