Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2010 Not Responding Rendering the product useless

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
564 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2010 Not Responding Rendering the product useless

I am using AutoCAD LT 2010 on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer and when I try to save a drawing using the save as command, open a drawing using the open command, as opposed to using the windows explorer and clicking on the file, or when I try to export a PDF the program no longer responds and after waiting extended periods of time the program has still failed to respond prompting me to force close the program losing all of the work I have done.  I just started a new job at a new company and up until now all I have done is open drawings to print them but this week when I started trying to modify drawings I am encountering this problem constantly and essentially cannot use the product.  I have tried to repair AutoCAD, reinstall AutoCAD, and uninstall and install AutoCAD again and none of these fixes have worked.  I have all of the service packs up to date so I do not know what the problem is.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

There was probably a system por network change that caused the break: software doesn't just break on it's own.

You should have worked with the new company's IT folks to restore your system back to a week it all worked: it may not be too late to do so now, try it.
Testing with a new Windows log-in would be the next thing to try, see if the problem still remains or not.

You also should find out what is making AutoCAD hang: grab a freeware called PROCESSMONITOR from any website you trust, make sure you run it just before you launch AutoCAD and replicate the error. browse through the details, work with an IT-capable person to decipher the results.

A quirk that appears sometimes for some users: did you or someone using your computer open a file from a thumbdrive or something else plugged into your PC?
Or did you start plugging something into your PC this last week when it started to fail?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The problem is that this is a small company so there is no real dedicated IT personal on staff.

As far as I know no one opened a file on a thumbdrive on this PC and nothing has been plugged into the computer to make it fail.  I will try to use the PROCESSMONITOR freeware and try to decipher the results myself as well as post them on here.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

At approximately 12:56 on the time code is when I used the open command to cause the error in AutoCAD.  I was unable to really make any sense of the results of this so if anyone is able to make any sense of this and see a possible problem/solution that would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost