Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2010, in Windows 7

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
K.Stuckert
723 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2010, in Windows 7

Loss of Functon in my AutoCAD LT 2010 on Nov 26, 2014:

-This software has been working just fine for the past year on same PC. No changes have been made either to the software, or the PC, but AutoCAD has suddenly acquired a problem as follows:

-drawing file opens, but my normal expanded tool bar menus do not show up.

-I tried dragging the open drawing file window down lower on the AutoCAD desktop. Dragging was slow, and dozens of 'copies' of the top bar of that drawing file window appeared above it, with more appearing as I dragged downward.

-the few icons that did show, in main bar at top, were mostly non-functional. For example, file-minimize and file-close buttons are non-functional. I had to close file by choosing to close AutoCAD LT 2010 program.

I  did search forums for similar problems and found one (see below) but the fix did not work for me. Last date I was using my AutoCAD normally was Nov 24th, so I restored my Windows 7 back to Nov 21st, and also turned off updates. Unfortunately, the problem remains the same, and I still can't get back to work on my drawing files. 

Can anyone help?

This earlier posting I found did not help me: 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-general-discussion/chash-autocad-lt-2010/m-p/5259649#M12279...

156 Views, 5 Replies

09-05-2014 09:04 AM

Hi,

I have a problem when I launch Autocad LT 2010. The progam start to run but the screen remains motionless and the menus do not appear. Another thing, I can't do anything on the product and I'm obliged to close Autocad with the task manager.

Thanks for your reply.

Solved! by pendean. See the answer in context.

0 Kudos

Microsoft updates from last week most likely: try a Windows System Restore to a day further back and see if that helps.

And turn off automatic Windows Updates.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
braudpat
in reply to: K.Stuckert

Hello

Ok you have restored your Windows to a date when the ACAD LT 2010 was running fine ...

Q1) I hope you are LOCAL ADMIN of your PC !?

Q2) Have you tried to REPARE your ACAD LT 2010 ?

Reboot - Retry !?

If always problem, try to RE-Install ...

Reboot - Retry !?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
pendean

Windows Restore feature back to before that date may be a quick fix: then block whatever was installed so it never happens again.
Message 4 of 6
K.Stuckert
in reply to: braudpat

Re Q1 & Q2 - Yes to both. No success with reboot or repair attempts.. Finally had to uninstall and reinstall, and it's now working just fine.
Many thanks!
Message 5 of 6
K.Stuckert
in reply to: braudpat

Greetings;
Yes, I am local admin, working only on my own PC .
Re my AutoCAD LT 2010:
Yes, I did do several PC re-boots and several re-launches on the software. This
did not help. Software is still hanging up and not fully loading. I still get no
command line, and no responses on icons.
Uninstall and reinstall was the next thing I was wondering about trying. Thank
you for confirming this. Will let you how it goes!
Will try this and let you know.
Many thanks!
K.Stuckert
Message 6 of 6
adjunct

I have AutoCAD 2010 loaded with Word 2013 (Windows 7).  I have CDs and DVDs with my CAD drawings from another computer.  I want to down load the drawings into the new computer.  I cannot seem to do this!!!!???  In my old coputer I just switched the location from DVD to CAD, but this new computer with Windows does not list CAD in the menu!!!!!

Then I will need to convert each CAD drawing to PDF to insert in a Word document.

I will be indepted to anyone who can help me.  You can even e-mail me directly PersistentProf@att.net.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost