Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2010 Freezing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
740 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2010 Freezing

I am using AutoCAD LT 2010.  Several times now my whole computer will freeze up when I am attempting to insert a block into a drawing.  When I go to the file menu to select the location of the saved block the whole computer will freeze up. I have to force a shut down and restart the computer.  I have no idea what the problem is or what to do to fix it.  I have installed the latest update #2 and it has not helped.  If anyone has some helpful information or a solution it would be greatly appreciated.  This freezing this is getting very burdensome.   Thanks in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this a new occurance in your 1.5year-old software, or has somthing recently changed, like perhaps these block locations or a system or network change?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

There are no changes any systems and I am not on a network.  Sometimes it will insert a block just fine and other times it will freeze up as I explained. 

After writing this question yesterday I saw another post describing AutoCAD LT 2010 freezing up the whole computer.  Someone suggested that I change the Windows theme from Aero to a Basic theme.  I did this.  I have not used AutoCAD again since I made the adjustment but that may be the solution.  Do you have any other advice or do you think the theme change is the solution?  

Message 4 of 5
alball18

Hey in ACLT 2012 -- Mine has the same issue.  Freezes whole computer when inserting.

AL

Message 5 of 5
pendean

Is it a specific block you can repeat all the time? or random blocks that usually work but occasionally hang?

Or are these normally outside-your-office blocks?

If you cannot repeat it on demand I doubt there is any 'one' thing to fix it, it's a matter of finding what quirk is triggering your system and removing it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost