Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2010 Export to PDF not responding

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
570 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2010 Export to PDF not responding

My AutoCAD was working fine this morning then I took a break to work on something else and when I tried to Export to PDF the program froze and I got the not responding error and had to force close AutoCAD and now other simple operations are causing it to fatally freeze such as open, save as, etc.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

Q1) Which Windows exactly ?

Q2) Have you the Automatic Windows Update ON ?

Q3) What do you mean by "Export to PDF" ?

For example is it plotting with the "DWG to PDF.pc3" driver ?

Q4) Have you tried to repair your ACAD LT 2010 ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

A1) I am using Windows 7 Professional
A2) I have the Automatic Windows Updates ON as well as making sure all Windows Updates are up to date
A3) As far as what I mean by Export to PDF I click the drop down menu in the upper left hand corner and select "Export" then choose "Export to PDF". It was one of the new features in AutoCAD LT 2010
A4) I tried to repair my AutoCAD LT 2010 and that did not solve the problem.

I encountered the same problem yesterday and at the end of the day I uninstalled AutoCAD, restarted my computer, then followed two guides on how to remove AutoCAD and another on how to remove AutoCAD electrical registry. Then this morning AutoCAD was working fine I was able to do everything no problem, including exporting a few drawings to PDF. Then I went into a meeting and did a few other things, none of which involved using AutoCAD, and after about 2.5 hours I opened AutoCAD and tried to export a drawing to PDF and AutoCAD crashed then all of the other functionality stopped working in the same manner it did yesterday.
Message 4 of 7
pendean

Can you PLOT to PDF? that's all 'export' is doing after it tries to figure out how to rig your pagesetup to work, which PLOT avoids since you are forced to actually control what gets plotted. Try it.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I will try that once I get it re-installed since using the export to pdf feature caused a whole slue of things to not work anymore I re-installed the program as I did yesterday afternoon.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I was able to just plot to PDF instead of using the Export to PDF command so I guess I will use that in the future because I am assuming that the export PDF command is what seemed to cause the issue even though I am not sure why.
Message 7 of 7
pendean

I hardly ever use that export feature: I prefer to PLOT, control the output selection and the final result. Weird, I know 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost