Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2008 keeps crashing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
298 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2008 keeps crashing

once i double click on the autocad lt 2008 icon....the software starts for a few seconds and then it reboots by laptop prior to attempting to enter the key.  Using XP. Any suggestions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

New Problem? Try a System Restore to a day, week, month ago.

What changed on the computer? New program? Windows update?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

nothing new except for the autocad lt 2008 software that i just added on...

Message 4 of 6
pendean

So LT2008 is on a new PC thta have XP? You are describing a system problem, like a serious system error, unstable PC, a dead cooling fan or something, if simply starting LT reboots your computer.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Dell e5420 laptop with XP....loaded LT2008 with a local disk in the office.....  not sure what else to do.  I unloaded and reloaded the software with no change....could be the laptop hardware as mentioned

Message 6 of 6
pendean

You purchased a new laptop, and put XP on it? Win7 can be made to look like XP and LT2008 runs fine on it, as do most current modern laptops. IMHO, if it's still an option, upgrade your OS by reformatting the HD and installing all the needed system drivers first, then only LT2008 and fully patch/update it.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost