Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2008: Global command to change labels with attributes

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
754 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad LT 2008: Global command to change labels with attributes

Seeking help on the below:

Got a drawing file that has 3 rooms namely room 1, 2 and 3. The rooms are arranged looking on a top view; from left is room 1, from right is room 2 and on top is room 3. Inside each room, I have entities/objects that I label H11001, H11002 and so forth for room 1, H12001, H12002 and so forth for room 2 and H13001, H13002 and so forth for room 3. The labels are define with attributes.

The problem is, I need to change the room number of the 2 rooms. The room on the left is now room 2 and the room on the right is now room 1. Room 3 is still on the top. The labels of the entities/objects in each room will be affected. Is there a way to change the labels globally for the 2 rooms only?

Any help will be appreciated since there's a lot of objects in each room.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Kate_LT
in reply to: Anonymous

Find & replace should work, although you'd have to run it 3 times. First to change H11 to some placeholder string of text, then to change H12 to H11, then to change your placeholder text to H12.

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Kate_LT

What is the procedure for changing the H11 to some placeholder to text? Thank you for the quick response.

Message 4 of 7
drjohn

Search for H11 and replace it with XXX or whatever.

Regards,

DJ

Message 5 of 7
pendean

H11 to H11x

H12 to H11

H11x to H12

Three steps if you want to follow Kate's suggestion.

Message 6 of 7
drjohn
in reply to: pendean

Hey ... I said that ... I should get the green check mark.  Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost