Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2008 Crashes After Copy/Paste Of JPG

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
garak0410
803 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2008 Crashes After Copy/Paste Of JPG

I have a single user that is reporting that his AutoCAD LT 2008 crashes after he copy's a JPG straight from a Word docyment into AutoCAD. He is the only user reporting this and it just started a few days ago. Nothing has changed on his PC.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0xffed4000 Exception at 696e5068h.

It is Windows 7 64BIT.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Brian

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: garak0410

What changed on the OS?

Is LT 2008 installed in a compatability mode?

Is the LT fully patched and updated?

Is the 64 bit version installed

Tried a System Restore to several days ago?

LT 2008 is not supported on the Win7 OS.

Message 3 of 7
pendean

>>>...it just started a few days ago....<<<
So something did change: try a Windows System Restore back to a week or month it all worked and discover what changed.

Message 4 of 7
garak0410
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:

>>>...it just started a few days ago....<<<
So something did change: try a Windows System Restore back to a week or month it all worked and discover what changed.

He actually told me this has been going on for a few months...so I am going to try some hotfixes and such and go from there. Will report my findings...

Message 5 of 7
pendean

Check methods used for that one task too: ensure its a process that works (or crashes) for all of your users. It's part or the procedure that leads to a crash too.
Message 6 of 7
garak0410
in reply to: pendean

Applying the SP did the trick.

We are moving to Windows 7 and do not have the budget to go to 2013 all at once so we still have several users on AutoCAD LT 2008 on Windows 7. No real problems until this issue came up.

Message 7 of 7
boylen2

In regard to Autocad LT 2008 crashing when coping Jpg or PDF image, My computer does the exact same thing with Windows 7. I have tried installing the Jpg file in with the same files as the Autocad files. It appears to have this problem when sending the JPG from a different file location to the Autocad Files. This helps some times. I believe the problem came about after the Windows 7 program updated itself.

Recently, I have been sending my files to someone else in my office with Autocad 14. He fixes my imported images and sends back to me. This works fine. You just can't move the image, resize, or scale it. This will result in a crash.

Tim

Corona, CA.

04-07-2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost