Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2008: Can't select multiple entities

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bongs2009
1702 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad LT 2008: Can't select multiple entities

Having problem selecting multiple entites using the mouse by picking different objects. What's happening is if I select one object and then click on other object, the previous object is removed from the selection and so forth. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Johneng
in reply to: bongs2009

Is your PICKADD system variable set to 1?

Message 3 of 5
bongs2009
in reply to: Johneng

Thank you.

Another favor, got a drawing and have some xref attach on the file. But if I transfer the drawing and its xref files in a CD, the xref files is being detach from the drawing. How can I fix this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
Bob.Felton
in reply to: bongs2009

In AutoCAD LT, you will need to detach the xrefs and reattach them with relative paths instead of 'Full path'. When you copied the base drawing to the CD, it was still looking for the xrefs at their original location. If that's no longer available, AutoCAD LT cannot resolve the xrefs.

When the xref paths are saved as relative, it will look the same subfolder folder, for example, that was present in the former location. 

Also, if you place the xrefs in the same folder on the CD as the host drawing, they will be resolved regardless of the path attachment method.

Note: In full AutoCAD, you can use the Express Tool REDIR to redirect xref paths. LT cannot do that, though.

Bob Felton
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Bob.Felton

eTransmit command is what you should use to bundle drawings (with or without Xrefs) for CD or Email or Archiving: it has a built-in Xref fixer (path/folder options or even binding) to do what the OP seeks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost