Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad lt 2007 text disappears in autocad lt 2013 and 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lcolome
1082 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad lt 2007 text disappears in autocad lt 2013 and 2014

I have a small office and 2 of the associates are using autocad lt 2014 1 is using 2013 and I am using 2007.  Up until a few months ago we were all on 2007.

Now when I open drawings from the 2007 version, I cannot see some of the text.  I have tried the following:

1. Checking layers to make sure they are on
  2. Checking font to make sure they are availabe
  3. making sure annonotation is visible
  4. making sure proxy graphics are on
  5. Making a block of just the drawing objects and opening that

I am not that familiar with 2014, so I cannot figure out what is happening.  Note - when i look at the drawing in the preview window, I can see the text.  But when I open it, it is not there.  If I save in 2014, the text no longer shows up in the preview.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: lcolome

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

You checked that Annotation is visible but is the Annotation Scale (CANNOSCALE) the same on both machines?

And is this Model or Paper space?

The Preview is nothing more than a static picture of when the File was last saved. It is not neccesarily an indication of File content.

Message 3 of 8
lcolome
in reply to: Charles_Shade

The autocad lt 2007 has no cannoscale variable that I could find.  On the 2014 computer it came up as 1'-0":1'-0".  I tried to change it to 1:1.  Saved and exited and reopened program and drawing, but no change.  

The text does not show up in model or paper space in 2014, and shows up in both in 2007 program.

Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade

Sorry, you are right, CANNOCLAE anf others were introduced in 2008.

What happens if you -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD from the 2014 Machine to 2007 Format and then open the File in the 2007 seat?

Message 5 of 8
lcolome
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I just tried this and the command worked, and I can still see the text in
my 2007 autocad lt, but not in the 2014 program.

--
*Elizabeth A. G. Colome', AIA *FL AR14839
*Colome' & Associates, Inc. * FL AA3439
530 24th Street
West Palm Beach, Florida 33407
Phone: (561)833-9147
Fax: (561) 833-9356
LColome@colome-arch.net
Message 6 of 8
maxim_k

Hi,

Could you post one of your 2007 DWG files with disappearing text here?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 7 of 8
pendean

Post a DWG file for review: we open old files all day long here in 2014 with no issues.

Also, preview is NOT a look inside your file, never has been: all you are looking at is a static raster image embedded in the DWG file, a snapshot of the last time the file was successfully saved. So stop wasting your time with that concept, it is meaningless except at pointing out that something is completely different with your DWG file.
Message 8 of 8
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: pendean

I have a sneaky feeling that it is still an annotation scale issue. Whatever was in 2007 version would have had a given scale override (check your properties) so it would look correct in a praticular scale of viewport. In addition, wasn't there a global scale factor as well? Such text might be in the 2014 version but be incredibly tiny, due to the CANNOSCALE being set to 1:1. OP, just for a trial, set your CANNOSCALE setting to match your viewport scale and see if the text shows up in modelspace.

The only other thing i can think of is to use QUICKSELECT to locate all text, and then check their properties to remove all scale overrides, make them annotative, and give a height you'd want them to look in paperspace. You can also assign specific scales you'd like them to show up at. If you are successful, you'll have to set SAVEFIDELITY to 1 (which will cause slowdowns as it translates annotation objects into several separate scales and layers as it saves down for 2007 versions).

Lettuce snow how it turns out!

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost