Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2007 Registration and Activation Code

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
brucef
6393 Views, 8 Replies

Autocad LT 2007 Registration and Activation Code

I am located in Australia and the company I work for purchased a copy of Autocad LT 2007 through eBay from a seller in the United States. When I try to register the software online I receive a message telling me that the software cannot be registered in Australia "Registration Activation Error (7)". The Autodesk Registration an Help websites just take me around in circles. Is there a solution to this problem? Bruce F

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
hwalker
in reply to: brucef

Welcome to the Forums

Never buy software off ebay. You are most probably buying either a)A pirated copy or b)A second hand copy.

Contact ebay to get your money back and then try and find an Authorised seller in Australia.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 9
pendean

Software is also regional: USA packages can't be authorized outside of North America.

Get a refund and pay attention next time. Find an Australian solution instead.
Message 4 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: pendean

you can't buy real copies of 2007 anymore

the only version you can buy is 2015

i also recommend reading the license agreement: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=10235425

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
brucef
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean, I supepected as much. I have been using Autodesk products for years and know how they operate. I have recentloy joined a new company where my new boss wanted me to do some drawing work. As it is not really part of my new role he wanted to keep the cost of purchasing software down. I will just have to convince him to purchase a legit copy Smiley Very Happy. Thanks for yours and and everyone elses replies. Cheers, Bruce.

Message 6 of 9
pendean

There are cheap as well as free cad programs out there including many that do well with DWG files: worth trying, just read their EULA to ensure your environment is approved for that software's use.
Message 7 of 9
calcathode
in reply to: DarrenP

I have 2007 that I bought in 2007 and I have installed it on every new computer 

that I have purchased.

I recently purchased a new laptop and when I try to get a new verification code on line
that the software is no longer supported. 

What's the deal? I paid for the software, it is genuine. 

Message 8 of 9
pendean
in reply to: calcathode

AutoCAD/LT2007 is not supported in Win10, which means Autodesk is not interested ever in helping with any issue, it does not mean anything else you might read into "supported" http://autode.sk/1IY4C2X

Autodesk killed off reauthorizing of 2010 and older software as of August 31 2019 (includes 2007LT), read all about it here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/previous-ver...

Sorry, you missed the deadline. There is nothing you can do about it today. If you still have your old Win7/XP PC and all works well, hang on to it for as long as it will last, then figure out a new option if you are unable to join Autodesk Subscription for newer software.

If you find Autodesk software subscriptions too expensive, there are many other CAD packages out there with no subscription options (initial cost may still be comparably high) that you can go get and use.

Message 9 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: calcathode

Your answer is over here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/previous-version-support/bd-p/6051

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost