Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2007 and Windows 7

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MCol
8828 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2007 and Windows 7

Hi everyone,

Our office recently got a new computer which came with Windows 7. However I have been unable to install AutoCAD 2007 on it (Error 1606).

I intend to use an upgrade disc version of AutoCAD LT 2010, but that requires 2007 be installed first, doesn't it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
george.drayton
in reply to: MCol

LT 2007 does not have to be installed to install LT2010. LT2007 is not certified to run with Windows 7 although if you have a suitable version of W7 an XP compatibility mode is available (I think that you down load some code to do so) sp you might then be able to install and run LT in XP mode.
Message 3 of 4
hmanrriquez

Autodesk does not officially support 2009 and older versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT on Windows. If you choose to run older versions of AutoCAD on the Windows 7 operating system, you may opt to use Windows compatibility mode.

I would try to install in Compatibility Mode for XP or Vista. If you have an older application for Windows XP or Vista that doesn't run in Windows 7, you may be able to get it working properly by running the program in compatibility mode.

1. To begin, find the application or shortcut that is causing the problem, then right click on it and select Properties.
2. Then, select Compatibility from the tabbed menu at the top of the properties page:
3. Now, check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for..." box and select the OS you wish to emulate. For most applications, it will be Windows XP SP2. Once you are done, click OK.
4. When you next launch the application it should run under compatibility mode using the OS you selected. If it still fails to run correctly, try another OS selection in step 3 and try again.

I hope this will help to resolve your issue. If not, you will need to contact AutoCad to see if there are any workarounds.

Sincerely,

Herman

Message 4 of 4
uts1pmt

I work in IT for UPS.  One of our Plant Engineering sups had his PC upgraded to Win7.  Have AutoCad LT 2007 for that particular machine.  Got installed no problem and it works on the Win 7 Pro with an Admin ID without compatability settings.

However, found out about a week later that the user was not able to open it.

Autocad Recommended WinXP SP2 compatability but no dice.  Tried setting the AutoCad folder and reg keys to all Users to have full rights but still no go.

Eventually tried the other Compatability settings and found that the Win 2000 / NT4 setting worked just fine for the User account. - I didn't remove the Full Rights to the folders and reg keys as well so you may need combination of both.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost