Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2006

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
creator14
3306 Views, 13 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2006

I have AuotCAD LT 2006. I purchased it to replace my Softplan, however, I never opened it. I would like to use it now. Was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to perform updates once it is installed and have it compatible with current autocad. I am not real tech-y in regards to software updates, etc..

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pendean
in reply to: creator14

Sorry, there is no free ride to the newest version from LT2006.
Message 3 of 14
creator14
in reply to: pendean

I wasn't looking for a free ride. Just trying to figure out if it was worth using the 06 or just purchasing the newest version. Thanks for the response.

Message 4 of 14
pendean

LT2006 is still a valid and useful software package: but it is not compatible with the about the half dozen versions since it was released unless the users of the newer versions save files down to your format.

LT2006 - yours

Newer - LT2007, LT2008, LT2009, LT2010, LT2011, LT2012, LT2013 and the current version LT2014.

Message 5 of 14
creator14

Thank you. Great information.

Message 6 of 14
madcowscarnival

I currently use 2005 (and have a 2nd machine with 2006) and do not forsee ugrading to newer versions.  Since they eliminated the DView option in '06, which I use frequently, I didn't upgrade and can't justify purchase of a full version.  Occasionally when I do need to convert files created by a more recent version DWG TrueView contains the DWG TrueConvert software which makes it a straight forward process. 

However, on an off-topic question, how do you like SoftPlan and why stop using it?  I've been considering getting that for the automatic materials lists and 3d views.  Haven't had time to explore the trial enough to create anything for the 3 hours it lasts.

Message 7 of 14
creator14
in reply to: madcowscarnival

Thanks for the info on Autocad.

I really like Softplan. It is my preferred software. I was drawing plans for engineers and architects and they were fine with it. I have since left the building industry, and have found that having experience with Autocad is a bit of a necessity across various industries due to it being more widely used. That is really the only reason I want to get familiar with it. Oh, and my son is wanting to start playing around with it so he can get a head start on his engineering career.
Message 8 of 14
pendean
in reply to: madcowscarnival

UCS command takes 5-minutes to learn, 30-minutes to master, and no one will ever miss DVIEW after that 🙂
Message 9 of 14
pendean

Your son should be exploring software with better futures: REVIT and/or INVENTOR. AutoCAD is fine for us oldies and companies with legacy needs and established revenue streams..
Message 10 of 14
Charles_Shade

Amen to that. 

My son is a junior in high school and in the Techinical drawing class they spent about 9 weeks on AutoCAD full - Last Year!

From then on it has been Revit and Inventor.

And one of the builders I work with has called me a fossil (think pencil and paper) since I do not use a 3D CAD program.

Message 11 of 14
creator14

Thank you for the information. He is interested in engineering - not sure
if it will be mechanical or something else. He is a wiz on the computer,
and is very interested in getting started. Do either of those programs have
a student program?
Message 12 of 14
Charles_Shade
Message 13 of 14
jtmartinez.ste

I have Autocad 2006LT license, but do not have the disk to install it. Does anyone know what I can do to upload it?
Message 14 of 14
jessica.t
in reply to: jtmartinez.ste

Hi @jtmartinez.ste,

Autodesk only supports versions up to three years passed the current release, therefore the earliest product we support is the 2012/2011 (as we just launched our 2015 products). Also we no longer manufacture discs or generate download links for products that old. Sincere apologies. If there's anything else we can do for you please let me know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost