Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2006 on Windows 7 64 : need to launch autocad to open files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
301 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad LT 2006 on Windows 7 64 : need to launch autocad to open files

Hello,

I just intalled autocad LT 2006 on a windows 7 64 bits computer. The computer is on a network and i needed to modify the paths for autocad files in options ->locations (don't know if it's the good word in english, i have the french version). Before that Autocad only launch correctly on admin session and i needed to work with it on a user account, so i moved the files on c:\autocad and change a lot of paths (all pointing to the admin folders inaccessible with the simple user account) in the options.

Now, when i launch autocad i can open files, work on them and save them but if i don't launch autocad first and i try to open a autocad file from the folder it doesn't open i have 2 errors :

one error with explorer : "An error occurred while sending a command to the program"

and just after that another autocad error appear : "can not find the file specified drawing, make sure the file exists"

Can someone help me please ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT2006 is not supported in Win7.
Look at Microsoft's website for tips on running old software in Win7 using Compatibility mode as an option.

Also ensure Windows Explorer is set to use ACLAUNCHER.EXE with DWG files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost