Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2006 crashes when selecting a hatch - Fatal Error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
alisonGB
709 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2006 crashes when selecting a hatch - Fatal Error

3 out of every 4 times I select a hatch, to edit properties or delete, AutoCAD gives me the FATAL ERROR message and cannot continue. It is not just in one file, but in any file from what I can tell. Not just imported hatches either, AutoCAD standard hatches as well. I have reinstalled, downloaded whatever service pack I could find. This is so harmful to productivity. Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: alisonGB

Hello

Could you recover the DWG and use the recovered DWG ?

Have you always the same problem ?

You are running your ACAD LT 2006 + SP1 + PostPatch on which Windows exactly ?

Windows 32 or 64 bits ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
alisonGB
in reply to: braudpat

i HAVE THE SERVICE PACK BUT NOT SURE OF THE POST PATCH, I DON'T BELIEVE I SAW THAT ON THE PAGE OF SUPPORT ITEMS FOR AUTOCAD LT 2006.

I AM RUNNING WINDOWS XP 2002 SP 3, NOT SURE BUT I BELIEVE THAT IS 32 BIT. 

YES I CAN RECOVER, THE FILE CONTAINS NO ERRORS BUT IT WILL CRASH AGAIN. NOT ALWAYS IMMEDIATELY BUT SELECTING THE HATCH WILLQUITE FREQUENTLY CAUSE THE FATAL ERROR. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Message 4 of 7
braudpat

Hello

Maybe you could consider to recreate hatches which generate the bug !

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
alisonGB
in reply to: braudpat

IT IS ALL HATCHES FROM WHAT I CAN TELL. WHETHER CUSTOM OR STANDARD INSTALLED. EXPLODING HATCHES, IF THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO, WOULD CREATE HUNDREDS OF LINES AND AN UNMANAGEABLE FILE. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "RECREATE"? I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY SUCCESS TRYING TO MAKE MY OWN HATCH PATTERN FILES.
Message 6 of 7
alisonGB

I also sometimes have the problem of AutoCAD shutting down completely and disappearing (this just happened). No warning, no error message, program force closes instantly. Upon reopening AutoCAD just tells me it did not shut down properly but will try to recover drawings. I get the last manually saved versions and sometimes AutoSave files.

Message 7 of 7
Charles_Shade

Do you run Norton Products bey chance?

Run a Registry Cleaner recently?

Video card info?

Win XP SP3 with how much RAM?

Straight CAD Content? Is there any vertical content like Civil or Autodesk Architecture?

Big file, little file?

HPORIGIN near the area the Hatch is created?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost