Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT 2006 Admin rights issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Josh.hill
335 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCad LT 2006 Admin rights issue

Hey all.

I've got an issue with ACLT2006 on Windows 7 and I'm getting to my wits end and hope that some of you can help.

I've been able to get the software working with no problems what-so-ever on Win7, however the user has to be a local admin. When the user doesn't have admin rights the program just simply fails to load and if you try to open a drawing you get an error saying that it has failed to connect to the software.  Now we've had a change in policy and I've been tasked with getting this working without letting the user have their admin rights.

I've tried giving the user full access to the Program Files directory, and to the Windows Directory as well as various parts of the registry. I've tried using a process monitor to see just where it's failing but I can't see anything specific about what is causing the problem.

Has anyone gotten this working with a normal user account or is my only option to give them local admin access?

Regards,

Josh

2 REPLIES 2
Message 3 of 3
mpalan2009
in reply to: Josh.hill

On a similar note...

I once worked at a large corporation that took away certain rights I had as a user to modify the windows environment.  The IT departnemt used the policy editor to take away rights like installing programs, changing the desktop size, among many other things.  I think that AutoCAD requires rights of the registry that will allow users to go around the policy rights pushed from the server anyway.  It might take a pretty advanced user to develop such a lisp function.

Hope this helps

Matthew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost