Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2005 and AutoCAD LT 2013 text, arrows, and leaders

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jlb92
669 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2005 and AutoCAD LT 2013 text, arrows, and leaders

I work in an office where two of our workstations are running AutoCAD LT 2005 and two are running AutoCAD LT 2013.  Whenever anyone in the office opens a dwg that was worked on by another version, the leaders, text, and arrows are skewed and off center.  Is there any way to standardize the settings for these callouts between these two versions of AutoCAD LT?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jlb92

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

First of all look and see what is different about the two setups and how they are being used.

For instance are the 2013 folks using Multileaders and -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD to bust the file down to 2004 Format or just saving as a 2004 DWG or earlier?

Are all your variables the same? How about the Textstyles and Font files?

Start looking within your setups and post screen shots of the issues as well as a sample file if you are allowed.

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: jlb92

"text" changed with 2007 versions of AutoCAD/LT and introduced your noted issues: there is no fix AFAIK: you all need to figure out how to get all the users closer together on version numbers of AutoCAD/LT.
Message 4 of 4
ZMartin5
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the response.

I'm surprised the leaders/arrows have anything to do with fonts, but I really have no idea how it's organized.

We had success by just copying the entire 2007 drawing into a newly opened blank drawing in 2014, then saving as a 2007 for other workstations to access.  Hopefully there aren't many more problems like this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost