Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2002 on Win7 x64

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2007 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2002 on Win7 x64

Hello,

i have problems with LT 2002 on Win 7 x64bit. It is not possible to open that file on Win 7 but the same DWG is working on Win XP Pro.

I read that there is a patch available. Is it right?

If you need more information pls let me know.

Regards

Sven

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT2002 is not supported in Win7 64bit. XP Pro is 32bit, if you had Win7 32bit it would appear to work for many with your old version of LT (still not supported by anyone).

Win7-64bit has an XP Compatibility mode for ancient software, which might or might not work for you. Explore it in your Win7's HELP or Microsoft's website.

Not Supported=no patches or fixes planned by anyone.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi,

This is an FYI for anyone having problems with LT2002 in Windows 7 on a 64-Bit Computer

Windows 7 recently released an update that fixed my failure-to-install problem with Autocad LT 2002.

When I created a new file in the newly-installed LT2002 it worked fine, but the program crashed when I tried to open older files created from LT on another computer running Windows XP and transferred to the new operating environment. Trying to open Autocad with a preexisting file, I would receive a fatal error message along with the file-path leading to a *.dbx file before the software crashed.

I was able to get these files to open and use them by going to the *.dbx file location shown in the error message and creating a file folder with an easily identifiable name (Such as "Conflicting File") and relocating the file listed in the fatal error message to this location. I get a "proxy information" dialog when opening these old LT files but then, I've never worked on a version of Autocad where I don't get this message.

So, Autocad LT 2002 DOES work on Windows 7 on a 64-Bit Computer !

Message 4 of 4
pendean

PROXYNOTICE variable controls your long term issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost