Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT '13 - possible bug when scrolling through Layout tabs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dhacht
613 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT '13 - possible bug when scrolling through Layout tabs

When I'm scrolling through my Layout tabs using the arrows on the bottom left of the screen, if I'm scrolling right I have to click the arrow at a certain speed or it gets hung up on one tab and won't scroll any further. If I'm scrolling left, it only lets me scroll as far as the active tab and then it fades both the "left" and "skip to end left" arrows and won't let me scroll at all. And both directions, unless I'm clicking very slowly on the arrows, instead of scrolling it highlights the name of the tab as though I've clicked "Rename".

Has anyone else experienced this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: dhacht

The Scroll Arrows fade as soon as the last Tabs are visible either left or right since there is no need to scroll anymore.

I suspect that the other issue is your fingers moving faster than your brain of video card.

(We all do it)

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 4
dhacht
in reply to: Charles_Shade

But that's just it, it doesn't stop at the ends. Well, it does, but when scrolling left it stops when it hits the active tab, not the first or last tab. And when scrolling either direction, it tries to rename the tabs ("Rename layout" actually shows up in the command line) if I scroll them with a clicking speed faster than about about one click per second (I'm not kidding about that speed). If that's an intentional feature, I'm very confused as to why it's there. I can't imagine much use for slowing down the ability to scroll through your tabs in favor of renaming them.

I can learn to live with it, I suppose, I was just wondering if it's only my machine that's doing it or if it seems to be something that's built into LT '13, for whatever reason.

Message 4 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: dhacht

/PET PEEVE

If you click real fast on the next page arrow it seems that the programmers forgot that there was a tab under the arrow and allowed it to be selected even though it's not really visible (its under the scroll arrows).

The tab under the scroll arrows will highlight as though you wanted to rename the tab.

If you click and hold on the arrow (either direction) it will scroll thru all the tabs until the end.

Solution: Click and hold rather than clicking fast to scroll.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost