Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2015 LT command

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
LeiteHAN
2856 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2015 LT command

Hello,

I have a question, Is there any easy command to delete Objects(blocks) outside a perimeter boundry?... similar to XClip, without masking of course.... anyone has a nice solution for this?

Being a LT user, running routines is not possible...Am I right?

Thanks! Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: LeiteHAN

Using the keyboard, perform a CTRL+A to select all on screen.
Hold the SHIFT key down and window what you want to keep. Ensure everything you want to keep got deselcted.
Hit the DEL key on your keyboard.
Message 3 of 5
LeiteHAN

thank you for your time... but thats almost the same as del... I work with autocad for several years... im looking for a command that deletes objects outside an area. Xclip just mask the objects and I need them erased.

Apparently the Extrim option is out of autocad 2015 LT... can´t I use a script to do the same?

Cheers

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Nope, express tools are not available in LT and you can't "script" it

But you can "script" what I wrote using ERASE command, the ALL selection option, the deselect and allow two clicks for a window, and finish the command. Scripting is basically what you can type at the command line only. No magic, no lisp..
Message 5 of 5
ARLarsen

Xclip does work like you want, it can erase the lines outside the XCLIP boundry.  Attach the xref drawing to your file, it shows on the screen.  Copy the whole Xref file to the side.  Type Xclip, then select the copied image, space bar, new boundry, rectangular, space bar and it is Xclipped.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost