Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014, Lots Fatal Errors

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
loggyboy
2084 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD 2014, Lots Fatal Errors

Since our office has ugraded to LT2014 we appear to be having more than your average amount of crashes. 8 users, all using different drawings of varying sizes (anyting from a few K, to a 4-5mb. 5 PCs using XP Pro on reasonably spec'd machines (2.7ghz dual core, 4gb ram.), 3 using win7 on slightly higher specd machines. Crashes seem to happen when more than one drawing is open, but we are doing nothing more than we were doing with LT2013 which rarely errored. Each failure has been reported via the autocad automatic error report, but no suggestions on resolutions are made. Any news on a when service pack for 2014 will be out?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: loggyboy

FYI, the error reporting is sent to Autodesk: if there is no fix, you normally never see an option soon after the report is submitted (you see a generic message from autodesk). It's how that works: no fix-no suggestion.

SPs are available usually mid-summer based on historical release dates, unless you see a notification otherwise from inside LT (since you have CIP on, it may come up as the suggested fix). Autodesk does not pre-announce releases for anything sadly.

Explore this to find out more about why your program crashes, it may be something else going on:

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/applications/find-out-why-a-program-keeps-locking-up-95898...

Message 3 of 8
amypeabody

Seriously, this is getting annoying.  I am using AutoCAD LT 2014.  It has started crashing almost every day.  Different drawings, different commands - never the same.  Please fix this whatever it is!  I send a report to AutoDesk every time.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

"started crashing" as in this is new behavior? Then something changed on you PC.
Windows System Restore back to a week or month it all worked is one solution.
Your post is light on specifics for much else right now, try again after the above suggestion.
Message 5 of 8
loggyboy

Mine stopped crashign but started 'Flickering' when having more than 1 drawing open.

Did a fix noted here - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/AutoCAD-LT-2014-Flickering-Issue/td-p/3875348

Renaming AecCore. file to something else fixed the flickering and had no crashes in several weeks.

Message 6 of 8
dchase

We are having the same issue.  We recently upgraded to AutoCAD LT 2014 and have fatal errors multiple times a day.  Different drawings or varying sizes, doesn't seem to matter.  Also experiencing significant lag time (including white drawing screen and hourglass) of 30-90+ seconds when switching between layout/model tabs or saving.  

System Info:

AMD A10-5800K APU w/ Radeon DH 7660D - 3.8GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7850 PCIe card - 1GHz w/ GDDR5 Memory

16GB RAM

SSD - 15GB free (could/should be more, but don't see how this wouldn't be enough for any drawing file)

Message 7 of 8
braudpat
in reply to: dchase

Hello

We are waiting for a SP 1 on ACAD 2014 / AutoCAD LT 2014 / etc ...

I agree that AutoCAD 2013 / AutoCAD LT 2013 + SP1 + SP2 is much more robust !

Did you try (on your Windows / AutoCAD LT 2014)  to use the workaround about the file "aeccore.crx" ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
scplpune

I am getting fatal error in autocad 2014 like (1. fatal error : Unhandled Acess Violation Wirting 0x200000 Exception at 200000h & 2.fatal error : Unhandled Acess Violation Rading 0xffff0efe  Exception at ee8ac5d7h

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost