Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 closes immediately after upgrade to windows 8.1?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
TSMCivil
1437 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2014 closes immediately after upgrade to windows 8.1?

I have been running LT2014 (standalone) for while now, with no issues but after upgrade to Windows 8.1 program starts but closes immedtaley just before final screen. I have updated with SP1 and also updated video drivers but no luck still closes, without any error message. My research shows LT2014 is now compatiable with Windows 8.1, thus not sure what else to try. Not a big user of CAD but need it to work today.

Thanks in advance

Todd  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: TSMCivil

Upgrading win8 to win8.1 breaks AutoCAD: users that had similar problems around here report that removing all Autodesk software plus removing Windows registry entries referencing them, restating Win8.1 and reinstalling fixes the broken components.
Message 3 of 5
TSMCivil
in reply to: pendean

pendean,

I have competed all the steps as suggested but still having the same problem.

I uninstlled, deleted regisrty, restarted Windows 8.1, reinstalled Lt2014 from disc, plus also installed SP1.

Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: TSMCivil

Is there an error message that is presented?

I found info from another post about the need to install additional software first plus some other tips:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/autocad-2014-and-windows-8-1/td-p/4632085

Here are the Autodesk guidelines to removing and reinstalling AutoCAD, with more information in links, if that needs to occur again: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Recomme...

Message 5 of 5
TSMCivil
in reply to: pendean

pendean

Many thanks for your suggestions, After 'fully' removing and reinstalling program now works.

Thanks again

Todd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost