Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2013 - select a polyline by value in attribute

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
marcolanna83
1132 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad 2013 - select a polyline by value in attribute

Hi everyone,

I am currenty dealing with a question for a project I am working on. I have a complex building, in which all rooms are described by a tag. The tag is a block which contains as attributes several kinds of information about that room (height, finishing, etc.). One attribute is the surface of the room, which is linked to a polyline by a field (if the polyline changes, the surface attribute changes consequently.

Now, basing on the fact that there is a correlation between my block containing the attributes and the polyline (the correlation is given by the surface field), I would like to select polylines in my drawing basing on specific values in my attributes block. Example: I want to select all the polylines which are linked to the blocks containing as an attribute the text "1.1.1.1.1", or the polylines linked to a block containing as an attribute the text "library".

This would save me loads of time to generate some specific drawings.

Despite not finding anything looking around, I am sure I am not the first person having this question, thus I hope a solution is already available! Any help would be highly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hwalker
in reply to: marcolanna83

Welcome to the Forums

The following link should help you (someone else on these forums has posted this tip on their own forum).

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/find-and-select-blocks-with-a-given-attribute-tip7669

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: marcolanna83

The three comamnds built into LT to select similar items are:
SELECTSIMILAR (available with a right-click, settings/options can be controlled by SELECTSIMILARMODE explained in HELP).
QSELECT
FILTER

See this classic tip on how to do what I think you want, an attribute in a block (it uses Properties to launch QSELECT command but you don't have to):
http://katescadtips.blogspot.com/2007/09/edit-attributes-in-multiple-block.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost