Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 & Geotiffs

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
steve
3147 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 & Geotiffs

I design agricultural irrigation layouts using AutoCAD 2013, and have found a need to load Geotiffs into autocad to aide the designs.  is there a way to insert a Geotiff so that it sits in the right place "inworld" ?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: steve

This is the LT Forum so you may be in the wrong place for your query but anyway:

Under the Tools Menu dropdown you can set the Geographic Location VIA Coords, or Google Earth.

May be worth trying there.

Message 3 of 9
steve
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks for the help,  it tells me 

Class not registered.

I'm sure I'll suss it out 

Thanks again Charles

Steve

Message 4 of 9
braudpat

Hello

I think that ONLY AutoCAD MAP ou AutoCAD CIVIL can insert automatically "at the right place" :

- GeoTiff files

- TIF+TFW or JPG+JGW files

- ECW / SID files

- etc

Bye, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Nik-D

There is a workaround but it is clunky and painfull. The link below give guidance on how Geo referenced files are attached. I've done it a couple of times but its labourious. It could be automated with LISP but i dont know how.

http://www.centremapslive.co.uk/files/autocad_images.pdf

You will need the XML file that should be with the TIFF file. From that ou can open the file and get the co-ords directly.

HTH

Message 6 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Nik-D

Thanks for sharing.

Message 7 of 9
steve
in reply to: Nik-D

Thanks very much thats about the best one I can match up to 

cheers

Message 8 of 9
vladimir_michl

You can use the GeoRefImg utility (free) to reposition GeoTiff files but not in LT - GeoRefImg is a LISP tool.

See: http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/how-to-place-geotiff-images-automatically-to-right-positions-tip9...

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Message 9 of 9

Lisp is not available in OOTB AutoCAD LT.

It is a violation of the EULA to make LT LISP capable (at least here in the States.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost