Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2013 & 2014 LT Select File dialog box won't open anymore (intermitent)

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
bgiesbrecht
3156 Views, 16 Replies

Autocad 2013 & 2014 LT Select File dialog box won't open anymore (intermitent)

As soon as I click the drop down the screen shows as blank and the program freezes.  This happens with all the following commands,  Save AS, Insert.

I have checked the FILEDIA and it is set to 1

I seem to have the problem with all autocad products on my Windows 8 pro desktop.  I have tried Autocad LT 2013 & 2014. 

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
pendean
in reply to: bgiesbrecht

Did you recently change from dual screens to one? ro change your desktop layout in WIndows? If your AutoCAD program window is not maximized, see if you can spot them behind it or at the edges.
Sounds like your pop-ups are up, but off screen.
Message 3 of 17
bgiesbrecht
in reply to: pendean

autocad blank look in.png

I just tried that, doesn't seem to help. I pasted a picture of what happens whenever I try to perform any command that brings up the dropdown menu. The box is blank and the program freezes.

Message 4 of 17
pendean

Where are those files located? How long do you wait for it to clear up? Or have you confirmed it remains frozen forever?
Are you logged into Autodesk 360? Log out.
Message 5 of 17
bgiesbrecht

I am not logged into autodesk 360, we thought that might be part of the problem.

The files are located on our server, it remains frozen until I force the program to close with the task manager.

It's wierd, one day it works fine and then the next day it does this. It's very frustrating.

Message 6 of 17
pendean

As a test, for a day when it all fails, only work from files on your PC (start AutoCAD by double-clicking on the files in Windows Explorer to get LT started in the correct folder location) and see if your problem goes away.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

Check to see if you have a phone or something plugged in to the machine.  I saw this same problem recently and that was the fix - unplugging the phone.

Message 8 of 17
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

That reminds about reading the same thing about i-whatevers being a culprit.

Message 9 of 17
bryce.thelin

Yes, unplug your iPhone or iPad. That should fix the problem.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 10 of 17
bgiesbrecht

Seems to work now.

Thanks

[Description: Tower Eng logo]

Barry Giesbrecht
Structural CAD

Phone: (204) 925.1150
Fax: (204) 925.1155
BGiesbrecht@towereng.ca

This transmission and all accompanying documents are confidential. This information is intended only for the use of the individuals listed above. Any unauthorized review; use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this transmission has been sent in error, please notify the sender immediately and arrange for the return or destruction of these documents.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: bryce.thelin

Yep, as soon as i unplugged my iphone it worked fine.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

I can confirm, I had the same issue.

Complete lock ups when tyrying to use drop down dialogue boxes..

It turns out there is some sort of software clash when my samsung phone is plugged into my pc.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

same thing here.  Very strange problem.  I assume there is no fix for this?

Message 14 of 17
pendean

Did you try the last tip? Remove anything that is plugged externally from your PC
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

Yeah, I had already tried it.  And that was definitely the problem.  Definitely an odd issue though.  thanks for checking if it worked or not.  I was just curious if there was a fix for it.  But I tend to doubt it.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

Oh, my, gosh.  I have been WRESTLING with this for over a year.  That was it.  Unplug my phone and BOOM, my drop down works!  AWESOME THANK YOU!

Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

Thanks Guys!!!  Unplugging my phone solved the problem.  It's been driving me crazy!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost