Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 LT Line weights

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
derekahoward
1323 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 LT Line weights

I'm trying to plot my drawings and have all my line weights be the same in the final plot so that no line is more bold than another. I do custom home designs and am now adding in additional information that uses different colors for appliances, plumbing, etc.

I'm using the standard red, cyan, magenta, green, 252 gray scale colors, however, when I plot, all of the lines except red are thick and make the objects entirely too bold for my purposes. How do I fix this other than changing everything to red? I didn't have this problem when I worked with AutoCAD 2006 at my old company (we had drafters set up this stuff for us), but now that I'm on my own and trying to get my own plotting figured out, I'm struggling.

I attached an example for reference. It's the windows (gray scaled), plumbing fixtures (cyan), and appliances (magenta) that come out entirely too dark.

Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: derekahoward

Are you using a plot style table? CTB or STB?
Or are you assigning linewights a different way?
Message 3 of 4
derekahoward
in reply to: pendean

I just figured it out. The problem was in the plot style I was using. I had to go in and change the line weights in the plot style table and now it works how I want it to.

Message 4 of 4

Add some weight and nuance to your drawing so that it makes a statement.

Anyone can produce monochrome drawings; and they look it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost