Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2012 LT- Graphics card problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2669 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2012 LT- Graphics card problems

I recently bought a new laptop (see specs below)- I cannot get Autocad 2012 LT to recognize my dedicated graphics card- it seems to be using my integrated graphics.  I keep getting the error that my display driver has crashed and recovered.
I understand that my graphics card is not certified but I have previously used a graphics card on an older laptop that wasn't certified and had no problems.
I have configured autocad to use the AMD card (see configurable switchable graphics.png)
I have updated the AMD driver 
I have turned off Windows 7 Aero themes (based on other people's posts on this forum)
-but when I run the 3dconfig command -autocad still shows that it is using my integrated graphics and not the AMD Radeon (see autocad tuner log.pdf) and my display driver keeps crashing.
Can anyone offer any additional suggestions/fixes?.  My main use for this laptop is to use autocad.  It seems a complete waste to have bought a laptop with a dedicated graphics card if the program I use doesn't utilize it.
Any responses would be very appreciated.

Samsung NP700Z5A-S0AUS Series 7
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2675SQM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
8 GB  DDR3
64-bit Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Radeon 6750M  1GB GDDR5 discrete graphics memory
Mobel Intel(R) HD Graphics
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

I've seen others discuss your topic in other forums on this site: for some reason your "upgrade" video card is not recognized in Windows as being the primary or active device. Try a search at the top of the AutoCAD forum here while you wait, you might find the answer quicker this late on a Friday:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD/ct-p/8

If I find anything in the meantime, I will repost links.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi,
Did you solve your Problem?

I have tried the same as you but still cat find a solution.

i own an hp laptop with almost the same specifications and autocad doesnt recognize the dedicated grapich card wich is Radeon HD 7690 XT 1 gb dedicated grapich, it keeps working with the Mobel Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000.

HP Pavilion dv6-6c50ca
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
System Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Locale Canada
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB DDR5
Maximum memory Supports up to 16 GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT (1 GB DDR5 dedicated)
Name Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi,
Did you solve your Problem?

I have tried the same as you but still cat find a solution.

i own an hp laptop with almost the same specifications and autocad doesnt recognize the dedicated grapich card wich is Radeon HD 7690 XT 1 gb dedicated grapich, it keeps working with the Mobel Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000.

HP Pavilion dv6-6c50ca 
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
System Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Locale Canada
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB DDR5
Maximum memory Supports up to 16 GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT (1 GB DDR5 dedicated)
Name Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi-

No I didn't really solve the issue.  I talked to the manufacturer of my laptop (samsung) and they remotely installed some updates (that I couldn't find on my own)

after trying that with them the probIem wasn't fixed (but it might work for you)  so I actually returned the computer and got a replacement (the same computer) I don't think it recognizes the correct graphics card but it doesn't crash and works well enough that I don't notice the difference.

From all of the research I did it seemed that this is a known problem with radeon graphics cards- that they don't always accept the assignment of the graphics card for certain programs (photoshop, autocad, etc) 

It seems the only real solution I could find was to use a dedicated card that is certified by autocad.  For me there were a few problems with that option-

1. there aren't that many cards that are certified to work with autocad- so your options for laptops with those cards is limited.  When I factored in my other requirements (price, size, apperance, etc) there just wasn't a laptop that really fit my needs 

2. the list of ceritfied cards isn't constant- it changes when autocad changes (and maybe for other reasons)- so you could potentially buy something that works now- but upgrade autocad at some point and have the same problem again.

Sorry I couldn't be more help- I hope you can figure out a fix that works for you.

good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost