Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2012 LT copy paste fatal error!!!

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
stella_lelli
3216 Views, 14 Replies

Autocad 2012 LT copy paste fatal error!!!

As topic title, I have just bought the software and I can't use it at all. Each and every single time I copy paste objects or images autocad crashes. I'm really disappointed!

Amazing if someone has the same problem

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: stella_lelli

System details? OS? Video card?
Existing DWG files? New DWG files with newly created lines and circles also exhibit the problem if you copy paste them?
Message 3 of 15
stella_lelli
in reply to: pendean

I tried with another existing file and with a new file and everything has gone fine, so I suppoese the problem was in that first file. I recovered and repaired the file but the issue remains.

Message 4 of 15
pendean

Use EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command to create a new file out of the problem file, and see if the issue goes away.

If not, INSERT that problem file into a working/new file and test.

Message 5 of 15
leonardoc

Hello,

I have a similar problem. I'm using a trial of LT 2012 for evaluation before purchasing.

Crash after copy command. Doesn't happen in new fresh files.

I tried inserting (as a block) into a new file since seems that would be the only way to do it otherwise it would crash.

That worked.

I didn't find the EXPORTOAUTOCAD command in LT 2012. It says it doesn't exist.

I'm looking for a better solution for this before purchasing. Since I'd have to insert most drawings to be able to work.

I'm evaluating and if I can handle this I'll purchase a seat for now and evaluate it a bit more in production before buying the rest of the seats.

Does anyone have other data on this? (Mr.. Saadallah) or anyone else?

Dell Precision Workstation T3500: Intel Xeon CPU W3530 @2.80 GHz. 6GB RAM. Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit SP1. (2) x Nvidia Quadro 4000s

Thank you in advance,

Leonardo

Message 6 of 15
Johneng
in reply to: leonardoc

You need to type it as -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD (note the dash) or you can type AECTOACAD.

Message 7 of 15
leonardoc
in reply to: Johneng

This works. Thanks for your help Johneng and all.

So it definitely seems to be just an issue on objects or data from different versions, proxies, etc. and this export sort of flattens the file I'd say so it is basic lines, etc. that can be read with any version.

Maybe there is a way to automate this since one generally works with files with old bits of data on it.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks a lot...!!!...

Message 8 of 15
jvmdrafting

Hi, i am having same problem when do you type that command in is it when you have the drawing open or autocad lt 2012 program then type in command and export it in, because i have drawings from an older version autocad 2000 and i use alot of my drawings to do others. Can you help me please thanks.

Message 9 of 15
pendean
in reply to: jvmdrafting

The command is used while you have the file open in AutoCAD/LT.

There is no automation outside of LT to use it: full AutoCAD makes it a little easier with some programming, and the free viewer can do a whole stack of them at one time once you set up the output options. Just beware the viewer like to steal your DWG file in Windows from LT.

Message 10 of 15
Charles_Shade

The Command is to help older versions of CAD use entities from newer versions.

Open your LT 2012 (these Save by default to release 2010) and run EXPROTTOAUTOCAD to save down for use in the Release 2000 version.

Opening a LT 2000 version file should not be a problem in LT 2012.

Message 11 of 15
jvmdrafting

I have the autocad 2000 full version is that still ok ?
Message 12 of 15
Charles_Shade

Opening a Full 2000 plan in LT 2012 may work but AEC objects in the Full version could be problematic.

I do not believe there is a mechanism to save those 2000 entities down for use in LT 2012.

You will need to experiment.

Save the files you want to try with a different name and see what happens.

Message 13 of 15
jvmdrafting

For the copying in an old file or mirroring, copyclip paste etc. I spoke to an autodesk tech today I told him that I have the autocad 2000 full version andthat I put my old dwgs to my autocad LT 2012 program and I'm having that problem of my autocad freezing up and not working, I told him that I open anew dwg then I insert the old dwg with the explode checked when I insert it and that works but too much to do. He said to open the old dwg go to the command line and type LA for layer when the box comes up click on where it says delete layer filters (recommended) then the layer property manager dialogue box comes up just close it and then save the dwg then test it copy something. It worked for me. I just wish there was something that can do a lot of dwgs at once.
Tags (1)
Message 14 of 15
jvmdrafting
in reply to: pendean

I talked to an autodesk tech today and he told me to open one of my old dwgs from my folder that has dwgs from autocad 2000 full vers go to command line type LA for (layer) a box will come with two chooses choose the one that says Delete layer filters (recommended) then the layer property manager dialog box comes up just close that and then save the dwg then test it copy something and it should be fixed it worked for me. I just wish there is a way to do alot of dwgs at the same time. I have one folder with all my dwgs and blocks I have to open each one and do this to each need easier way any suggestions.
Message 15 of 15
jvmdrafting
in reply to: Charles_Shade

See my answer reply below yours

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost