Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad 2012 draw command

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mtoups01
555 Views, 3 Replies

autocad 2012 draw command

I started having trouble whrn just drawing a straight line. When I pick the draw command and I try to draw a straight line is starts jumping like I have the grid on or the snap command. I does not happen when polar is on and I try to draw a line on an angle. It just started happening on my last few projects, thought it might have been something wrong with the drawing file that I was working on so I opened up a new drawing and the same thing happened. Any ideas?

mike.toups@fs.utc.com

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: mtoups01

SNAP Command or F9 or in the Tray at the bottom of the Workspace uncheck the Icon with the two perpendicular lines and dotted grid.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 4
mtoups01
in reply to: Charles_Shade

i started looking around ant found the command autosnap and when I typed it into the command line it was set at something like 47. I put it down to 0 and now everything works fine but thanks for your reply.

Message 4 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: mtoups01

AUTOSNAP is a different animal. This may have helped you achieve your results but is a poor solution; although you may not need any of the other settings that you are affecting.

47 is a total of the Integers in the Command. All but 16: Turns on Object Snap Tracking were being used. There are several Variables in AutoCAD that use this type of formula to acheive certain results and can come into play when creating Macros or needing specific selection criteria.

SNAP is what you need to change.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost