Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2011LT Layout Tabs Slow

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
RichieQ
1491 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCad 2011LT Layout Tabs Slow

When I change from layout tab to layout tab, it takes a long time to generate (when I say long time, like 10 seconds depending on number of viewports within layout) that time starts to add up! Anyway to speed this up? I have a new computer, Windows 7, don't think it's a lack of computer resources. I've done some research, but can't seem to find any solutions for 2011 LT. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: RichieQ

This happens in all files, or just one?

How many viewports in the layout?

where are your files stored?
Do you have a lot of Xrefs?
Does LT report any errors when you open the file(s)?

if you run REGEN or REGENALL command in modelspace, is it just as slow? What about if you do the same after you get into this layout?

Message 3 of 9
RichieQ
in reply to: pendean

This happens in all files, or just one? All

How many viewports in the layout? Varies, takes longer the more viewports.

where are your files stored? Server, I've tried saving to local/ desktop no help.

Do you have a lot of Xrefs? None.

Does LT report any errors when you open the file(s)? No

if you run REGEN or REGENALL command in modelspace, is it just as slow? Yes, I've tried that.

What about if you do the same after you get into this layout? Yes

Message 4 of 9
pendean

Is this new PC or Laptop? from HP? Video card integral, or an add-on/upgrade? What is it?

Accessing the server wirelessly, or hard-wired?

Is Layer palette open (or docked or minimized but still visible)? Close it and try again.

Any other palettes open? close them.

What is LAYOUTREGENCTL variable set to (type it at the command line)?

What about SAVEFIDELITY? set it to 0.

and INDEXCTL?

Message 5 of 9
RichieQ
in reply to: pendean

Is this new PC or Laptop? New PC

from HP? NO, Dell

Video card integral, or an add-on/upgrade? What is it?  Our off-site IT guy who purchased this computer, is non responsive. I believe it's NVIDIA, It was an upgrade when buying the computer, he said he had selected the video card specifically for Autocad users, something to that effect. I believe it's a dedicated video card. Not sure where to find that specific info for you.

Accessing the server wirelessly, or hard-wired? Hard-wired

Is Layer palette open (or docked or minimized but still visible)? Close it and try again. No improvement

Any other palettes open? close them. No improvement

What is LAYOUTREGENCTL variable set to (type it at the command line)? Unknown command

What about SAVEFIDELITY? set it to 0. Changed from 1 to 0, no improvement

and INDEXCTL? was already set to 0

Message 6 of 9
RichieQ

It's a dedicated video card: Nvidia Quadro NVS 300

Message 7 of 9
MariuszPL

I experienced the same on Dell Vostro something, but with AutoCAD Civil 3D. The problem was with video graphics drivers, but it was ATI. Reinstalling drivers helped for a while, but problem was solved finally by doing the following two things:

1) setting in ATI Catalyst some power/acceleration options for AutoCAD - turning OFF better performance for AutoCAD helped 🙂 maybe you cand find something similar in Nvidia panel?

2) uninstalling fingerprint software, for Dell it was DigitalPersona I think. but I didn't use it at all, so I could just uninstall it.

Message 8 of 9
chris

I've had similar problems (albeit with an earlier version of LT) and found the issue was that the layouts had been set up with plotstyle tables that had subsequently been moved, hence LT was unable to find them. This affected both the paperspace and modelspace layouts - it also made moving between viewports in modelspace very slow.

Message 9 of 9
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: chris

Check Autocad Hardware acceleration aswell.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost