Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2007 LT title blocks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bantam_dave21
861 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad 2007 LT title blocks

Hiya,

I'm by no means a CAD expert and am mostly self taught so apologies if I'm a little slow.

My company has just changed my PC and somehow moved me from Autocad 2007 (full) to 2007 LT. All the tile blocks specific to our company that we have used for years now can't be edited on my machine. Other people here seem sure these blocks were originally created using a 2007 LT machine. When I double click the block to edit the details (which is what I used to do on my old machine) CAD displays unknown command.

I though this could be an issue with preferences etc but I have transferred my CUI over from the old PC.

Any ideas?

All comments greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: bantam_dave21

Sounds like it could be the settings in autocad options. I can't remember how to get at them in 2007, probably under the drop down menu 'file'. I would think you will find the problem is that one of the options on either the 'user preferences' or the 'selection' tabs isn't set to how you normally have it. Possibly the 'right click customisation' or 'double click editing'. Just keep a note if you make any changes and you can always change the options back.

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: bantam_dave21

There is no difference between LT2007 and full 2007 for the task you are performing: but what both programs have in common is the ability to set the wrong command to be invoked when you double-click on specific items. This appears to be your issue.

You said you tranferred your CUI from 2007 to LT2007: that's the mistake most likely (R2007 uses EATTEDIT command not found in LT2007). Reload the LT2007 CUI file, your double-click ation will fix itself. Now truly transfer any items you want from 2007's CUI to your LT2007 CUI using CUI command's TRANFER tab (and not just blind copying your CUI file).

A reinstall of LT2007 will have the same effect if you are unsure of how to restore LT207's CUI menu.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost