Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 12 LT Product Update Error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
DVGray
791 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCad 12 LT Product Update Error

I installed AutoCad 12 LT and a while later I was notified by the AutoCad Exchange page that I need to update.  I clicked on the update link and it appears to have worked. The issue is the exchange now says I need to update again and when I click on the update link the file downloads but when it performs the update exe on my computer the program cannot find the file and errors out.  Any idea how to fix this?

Dave

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: DVGray

There is a Hotfix for the Ribbon which would be the second update for LT 2012.

Could it be the system is trying to find this one and not the Service Pack?

Message 3 of 8
DVGray
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I honestly do not know if the computer is looking for the correct fix.  The updates I have found are not dated so I do not know what one is new and which ones are old.

Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade

There are currently four Hotfix and Service Packs for AutoCAD LT 2012

If you can you may want to roll back SP1 and reinstall this after confirming that LT is working as intended.

Install SP 1

Then work each Hotfix from the page link.

(I never experienced the BE problem and have not installed the Content Explorer hotfix. Could be why I get an error on this every now and again.)

Do not rely on Exchange to keep you up to date;

As you should not rely on Windows each time it wants to update your OS.

Message 5 of 8

...and as you continue your need to express your dismay with Autodesk have you done or tried anything suggested yet?

...and in your diatribe you mentioned that there is a Folder in the wrong place:

<<The update simply created a new folder that new updated cannot find.>>

Do you know the name of this Folder? Maybe we can help you get it moved to the right place.

Worst case is we work to removing AutoCAD and reinstalling but at this point no one here knows what you have tried to solve this other than keep clicking on Exchange warnings hoping for a different outcome.

Message 6 of 8
DVGray

Hello Charles,

I appreciate your assistance.  The Folder that was created was "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012 - English\UserDataCache\" If I have my facts correct the original AutoCAD program was just under Autodesk and not in a subfolder under autodesk. The shortcuts to the program all disapeared after the service pack was installed.  I found the program file and made my own shortcut to it afterwards.

I have not had any problems with AutoCAD except for the fact it will not update because it cannot find the file to updated.  I think the issue  is really a file path problem.

My concern with trying to unistall SP1 is it may kill the program and I will not be able to get it running again.  I have very little faith that Autodesk would be willing to let the program reinstall even on the same computer to start fresh.  I have looked at the information in some of the links, but I do not understand all of the terminology. That does not exactly make me want to try something that I do not understand which may not be fixable in the end. 

I looked in the folder noted above and I do not see an unistall program. Not so sure how I can unistall SP1. I did find the original CAD exe file and it still works.  I could try installing the service pack again from its AutoCAD exchange.  What do you think about do that?

Sincerely,

Dave

Message 7 of 8
Charles_Shade

You may want to do a Repair Install of LT first

Then download and install the Service Pack - or not. Reading thru the support document you can decide if any of the items the SP address's have been a bother. Like I said earlier I never had the Block Editor or Ribbon preblems.

Message 8 of 8
DVGray

That sounds like a good idea. I will give it a try.

Thanks
Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost