Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Round Up Dimensions

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
joshua
2331 Views, 1 Reply

Auto Round Up Dimensions

I have searched a lot and cannot find a solution to my problem. I know there is rounding but I am looking for autoround up. I am running AutoCAD LT 2015.

My rounding is to a quarter inch (.25) using decimal format with percision 2 decimal places. I am an estimator though and cannot have dimension round down due to the fact that a square footage calculation is based on these measurements and I would be missing some footage.

Here's the scenario: I have a trace line that is 7'1" and when I snap a dimension it shows 7.00. I cannot have that round down, the dimension I would like to be displayed is 7.25. What I am looking for is to move the rounding threshold down.

Example:

7' 1" = 7.25' / 7' 4" = 7.5'

7' 0.5" = 7' / 7' 3.5" = 7.25'

But this must apply in all increments of quaters, not just from a whole number. I would be perfectly content with auto round up to the nearest quater but it has to round up if the dimension is not already at a quater length forgetting the round down part in my second example.

Much appreciated if anyone would take some time to help me out.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: joshua

Looks like you have a file where iunit=1inch and you want it to be 1-unit=1foot. You can either rescale the entire drawing x12 then reset units, or create a new DIMSTYLE set to decimal and rounding up x12. Correct?

Note though: rounding conventions will not allow for 7'1: to become 7.25', that's outside the 'standards' of rounding for most of us.

May I ask, any reason you're not using 'estimating' software, something like this http://www.digitalproperty.com/ (there are dozens of others too).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost