Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto CAD LT 2013 free trial

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1028 Views, 1 Reply

Auto CAD LT 2013 free trial

I recently downloaded the trial version of AutoCAD LT 2013 and it doesn't seem to be working at top speed.  In the troubleshooting options the program seems to be automatically be recommnding a Windows XP operating system even though my system operates on Windows 7.  I can't seem to a find a way to change this setting maually?  Also, perhaps this isn't the issue slowing down the program.  We have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz processor - which is a superior processer to the ones listed in the System Requirements.  Can anyone tell me if that could possibly be an issue as well?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What error recommends XP, a dead OS?

Turn off Win7's Aero Theme, us the Windows Basic Theme.

Change the Hardware Acceleration setting in LT2013 (if it's one, turn it off, if it's off turn it on).

You may need to turn off some of 2013's default flashy pop-ups and dock the command line as well.

Processor speed alone is not enough: a non-conflicting video card, a fast HD and RAM move this along with a resource hog like AutoCAD. Working at a "Worksataion" vs. a consumer PC (or Laptop) does help as well. You've not noted any of these are in use.

But that is what a trial is for, to see if what you got works, right? Glad you decided to do it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost