Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attedit vs -attedit

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
c.dufrene
1422 Views, 7 Replies

attedit vs -attedit

It seems that this old bug is not yet solved in 2013LT ???

But what is also strange is that the command reacts differently if it's alone under a custom button or among many commands, scripts etc...

See attachment, the last one is the alone command under a custom button.

But I REALLY need the command to work as _ATTEDIT

Any ideas ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: c.dufrene

It's not a bug if you don't know that some commands (and most pop-up commands), when called in a script (or Lisp) or menu macro, default to the command line version (and sometimes the much older "totally different" command). That's one of them. It's by design, someone at Autodesk decided this a very long time ago and it continues.

What exactly are you trying to do with your macro? Post the full string here as well, maybe someone can help you tweak it (if it's an option).

Message 3 of 8
c.dufrene
in reply to: pendean

Here's the full version of what was done with AutoCAD 2005 LT, and it worked perfectly...

^C^Cscr;rd-1;setenv;rev-i;\scr;rd-2;lo;d;;-i;REVISION-DETAILS;\;;;;$M=$(upper,$(getenv,rev-i));$M=$(eval,"$(edtime,$(getvar,date),DD"/"MO"/"YYYY)");;lo;r;;$M=$(eval,$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,ctab),4,1),"-"),$(substr,$(getvar,ctab),1,$(-,$(strlen,$(getvar,ctab)),4))"_rev-"$(upper,$(getenv,rev-i)),$(substr,$(getvar,ctab),1,$(-,$(strlen,$(getvar,ctab)),4))"_rev-"$(upper,$(getenv,rev-i))));attdia;1;_osmode;2807;attedit;l;_attdia;0;_-insert;REVISION-MARK;\;;;;_attdia;1;

If I have to go through the -ATTEDIT commands there a way after answering all questions to come back to some on-screen selection of the block ?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

What is it that ATTEDIT did in LT2005 exactly? That command changed starting in LT2006 or LT2007, so you are going to have to refresh my memory going that far back.

All your macro does is run ATTEDIT, call LAST, then move on with no user input if I read it correctly. Plus, in your screenshot in the first post, you needed to use REPLACE and not CHANGE to edit the value of the attribute (since you know what the new needs to be but don't care about the old).

Message 5 of 8
c.dufrene

After the "last" input, it opens the attribute window so the user can input the field "PW"

See attachment

Then goes on with the insertion of REVISION-MARK block.

P.S. I'm more lost then you because it's the first time I have to deal with those mix of scripts, lisp, macros, VBA, etc. that were created many years ago...

Message 6 of 8
pendean

Try using EATTEDIT command instead of ATTEDIT, there is no command line version and in a quick test here seemed to work the way you want it to in a macro.

Message 7 of 8
c.dufrene

Thanks Dean,

OK, the window is different, but IT WORKS !

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
pendean

It's more powerful, check it out, don't just get glazy-eyed with the new pop-up 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost