Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching DWFs to AutoCAD 2007 LT drawing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
WDS_Seatle
543 Views, 6 Replies

Attaching DWFs to AutoCAD 2007 LT drawing

I have an older version of autocad - Autocad LT 2007 - and am trying to attach a dwf  I convertedfrom a pdf using design review 2013) in model space. The rectangle of what I imagine is the dwf appears, but there is no content. Any thoughts on how to figure out what is going on (other than buying an upgrade, unless that is the only answer 😉 and how to attach or underlay dwfs in Autocad 2007 LT would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: WDS_Seatle

Under the Insert dropdown menu you do not see DWF Undelay?

Or if you start XREF is the option not available as an attachment?

And if you have doen these things is the problem still there?

Message 3 of 7
pendean

ADR is a lousy PDF converter according to all in the ADR forum that use it: perhaps that's the problem?  Post the DWF, let's all have a look at it.

Otherwise this may be a better tool to use (in this case, directly from your PDF viewer):

http://usa.autodesk.com/dwf-writer/

Message 4 of 7
WDS_Seatle
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks for your reply Charles - Yes, I've tried every conceivable way to install, attach, paste, underlay the dwf. I can do all of these with a traditionally-created dwf (via publish option from dwg).

Message 5 of 7
WDS_Seatle
in reply to: pendean

Dean - Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the PDF conversion to DWF makes the file go from 321 kb to 4.3Mb making the file too large to upload :-(. I have attached the PDF so you can see what kind of drawing it is.

Thank you

Message 6 of 7
WDS_Seatle
in reply to: pendean

Dean -

I have downloaded the DWF writer a few times at this point and the executable application file for 2D does not show up anywhere in my Start or Program files. However, if I include the 3D option when extracting ("DWF Writer for 3D"), I get an executable application file - both as a desktop shortcut and in my program folder. The 3D writer does not seem to work when trying to open a PDF.

Message 7 of 7
pendean

DWF Writer is a system printer. Not an application to read files.
You print to it from any other application, including your PDF reader of choice, to create DWF files.
Just like printing to paper.

www.wikisend.com and dozens of other free services like it are out there that can be used to share huge files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost