Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTACH PDF FILES

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
884 Views, 4 Replies

ATTACH PDF FILES

HI EVERYONE.

I HAVE BEEN TRING TO USE ATTACHED FILES FOR MY CONNECTORS IN A DRAWING. I JUST ATTACHED A PDF FILE AND TRIED TO GO THAT WAY BUT THERE IS AN UGLY LINE AROUND IT, PLUS U CANT EDIT ANYTHING IN THE BORDER. IS THERE ANY OTHER POSSIBLE WAY TO IMPORT A PDF FILE TO USE IN A DRAWING SO THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO EDIT IT AND DELETE CERTIAN ITEMS FROM THE FILE?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

PDFFRAME, or FRAME, or IMAGEFRAME or OLEFRAME commands: depends on your method of attaching the PDF (and LT version), they control your frame visibility inside AutoCAD. If the frame appears anyway, it's in the PDF somewhere you cannot edit with AutoCAD.

AutoCAD does not edit PDF files, never has, doesn't now with the shipping version.

Message 3 of 5
drjohn

@Anonymous wrote:

HI EVERYONE.

IS THERE ANY OTHER POSSIBLE WAY TO IMPORT A PDF FILE TO USE IN A DRAWING SO THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO EDIT IT AND DELETE CERTIAN ITEMS FROM THE FILE?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!Smiley Happy

[hack]

Actually, if you only want to delete certain items from the PDF a judicious use of wipeouts can be used to "delete" (read: hide) items. Make sure to reply Y to remove pline if you make the wipeout with a pline and remember to hide wipeout frames.

[/hack]

You will need to be familiar with draw order also.

Regards,

DJ

Message 4 of 5
heinsite

Short of wipeouts or clipping frames, no.  A PDF is an image/raster/picture file.  Your drawing is a vector file.  Cats and dogs.  Apples and oranges.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. I LIKE I'M JUST GOING TO CALL IT A BUST BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO GET RID OF THE FRAM AROUND IT.  LOL... THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost