Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Status bar blank

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
bbrown
2098 Views, 8 Replies

Application Status bar blank

Hello all...

For some reason that I can't figure out, my Application Status bar is almost completely blank.

By this, I mean the bar that usually has the Paper/Model toggles, the toggles for Grid, Snap, etc, are all gone.

When I hit the black arrow all the way on the right, only two options show up.  All of the others are gone. (When I am in paper space it shows "Annotation Visibility" and "Auto Scale" and when I switch to Model Space, "Annotation Scale" appears, but nothing else.

I work in the AutoCAD LT Classic workspace, if I switch to "Drafting & Annotation" workspace, the bar is back to normal, and all options appear when I hit the black arrow.

However, I have worked in the Classic workspace for years with those tabs/toggles/whatever in tact.

Can abybody help figure out what might be wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
drjohn
in reply to: bbrown

@bbrown wrote:

Hello all...

For some reason that I can't figure out, my Application Status bar is almost completely blank.

By this, I mean the bar that usually has the Paper/Model toggles, the toggles for Grid, Snap, etc, are all gone.

When I hit the black arrow all the way on the right, only two options show up.  All of the others are gone. (When I am in paper space it shows "Annotation Visibility" and "Auto Scale" and when I switch to Model Space, "Annotation Scale" appears, but nothing else.

I work in the AutoCAD LT Classic workspace, if I switch to "Drafting & Annotation" workspace, the bar is back to normal, and all options appear when I hit the black arrow.

However, I have worked in the Classic workspace for years with those tabs/toggles/whatever in tact.

Can abybody help figure out what might be wrong?

There are 2 little black arrows (or there should be... is it offscreen?). The one by the little light bulb and one down in the very lower right corner.  That is the one that has the options for the status bar items.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 9
bbrown
in reply to: drjohn

Unfortunately I only have ONE arrow.  The other might be offscreen for some reason, but I have minimized the window, both the full AutoCAD and the drawing itself, and it still isn't showing up.  When I clock the arrow in the image below, I get the three options I mention above.

Status Bar.jpg

Message 4 of 9
Shawn_Niles

The quickest thing here might be a reset of the program. You can do this by going to Start > All Programs > Autodesk > *your AutoCAD  product* > Reset Settings to Default.

Does all look correct again after that?

Shawn Niles
Message 5 of 9
bbrown
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Will this reset any small custom modifications I may have made, like adding a tool to a different toolbar and the like?

Message 6 of 9
Shawn_Niles

It will, but it will also give you the option to save those customizations, and then they can be imported back in after the reset.

Shawn Niles
Message 7 of 9
hwalker

Just worked it out.

What you are seeing is the DRAWING STATUS bar which is probably pushing your normal status bar off the page. Here's what to do

At the commandline type STATUSBAR. Change the value to 0

DON'T PANIC

At the commandline type STATUSBAR. Change the value to 1. Your icons should reappear

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 9
bbrown
in reply to: hwalker

That did it...basically.

It is there, but it is all the way at the bottom of the screen, I seem to rememebr it being just below the drawings pane, where that status bar was...

But I can definitely live with that.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
drjohn

bbrown wrote:

It is there, but it is all the way at the bottom of the screen, I seem to rememebr it being just below the drawings pane, where that status bar was...

Thanks!

An after-thought: If your monitor is not set at it's NATIVE resolution, try setting it for that.  Yours may be over-scanning. If for visual reasons you need to set it at a higher or lower resolution that may be the issue.

FWIW

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost