Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tools in LT to batch edit contour lines?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
madcowscarnival
321 Views, 2 Replies

Any tools in LT to batch edit contour lines?

I have a large contour file exported from a DEM / LiDAR data.  The countour lines are very precise and make the file large (67MB), which makes working with it laborious.  I would like to "smooth" the contour lines, but in a way that would reduce the number of data points.  Is there any trick in LT that would allow this?  I do have access to the file provider, however,it is being given to me (exported to lines instead of DEM) as a free favor and I don't want to pester the provider (Kansas Dept of Ag).

Also, if anyone reading or responding has experience with DEM exported contour lines, can the elevation data be exported to the contour lines typically, though I'm still finding out what the native program is?  Right now they are all at Z=0.00, though I am concurrently working with the tech who is not familiar with, or exporting to, AutoCad.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

As an edit, I've created a new topic for help exporting the original file (shapefiles from ArcGIS) to DWG with elevation data.  However, my first request remains, is it possible to smooth out the plines from the exported to DWG file.  However, this is more for my ease or convenience than necessity.  Perhaps the sugject should have been "how to I reduce the number of segments in a large pline?"

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: madcowscarnival

There is no such automated functionality in LT (your last question in your last post).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost