Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Xref question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ggunn
411 Views, 2 Replies

Another Xref question

So I've got these 11 design packs that I have been working on for months. Every time I need to make a major change I copy the entire folder and work on the copy so that I supposedly can get back to where I was if/when something goes awry. I am now working in my fourth version of the folder.

Most of the designs work just fine, but when I try to open one of them, it can't find the Xref. In the first place, when it tells me where it thinks the Xref should be, that's where it is - the path is correct - but AutoCAD can't find it. In the second place, when I go back into my supposedly safely saved earlier versions of the design, suddenly AutoCAD can't find the Xref in those versions either, even though I have not touched them since they last worked.

Any ideas what is going on and how I can correct it? I do NOT want to lose the scaling I have in the viewports, as I have gobs of labeling in paper space that points to features in the viewports.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: ggunn

Pathing of the xrefs: be more specific than " the path is correct ". Examples (don't foget driver letters) and screenshots would go a long way to help you remotely.
and do you actually SAVE the top file after such a fix? Critical, often forgotten step.
Message 3 of 3
ggunn
in reply to: ggunn

Fixed it.

I just discovered the "..." in the lower right corner of the window that is telling me it can't find the Xref. I used the browser that popped up to point to the file, and there it is, even though character for character the path is exactly the same as the one it had before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost