Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another 2011 LT slow jumpy curser

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
NormsAUS
2553 Views, 10 Replies

Another 2011 LT slow jumpy curser

Hi,

I know this topic has been going on a fair bit.

Upgraded both PC and AutoCAD LT (from 2010 to 2011) this week.

Haven't been on AutoCAD long at all and this whole jumping mouse is doing my head in already.

Thanks Pendean.

I tried turning off the LA (although I'd ilike that option, as I like having it open), nothing much changed.

I also like alot of other ppl (from these posts) am running Win7 64 bit.

Have a nice XFX Graphics Card, which we brought hoping it would help with CAD.

Any suggestions to help resolve the issue.

Would prefer to keep everything switched on if possible.

Cheers.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
NormsAUS
in reply to: NormsAUS

Sorry, thought I'd just add that the problem is predominately when, OSnapping and PolarTracking.

Message 3 of 11
Charles_Shade

I hate to rub it in but my 5 year old XP-Pro Dell Precision 370 3 (4 installed) Gig RAM Workstation is (and I'm crossing my fingers here) performing without flaw using LT 2011.

I do have a NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT video card 1 Gig On-Board RAM. Aftermarket

Only noticable item has been lag time from Command to enter data. Like Offset distance. I'll start to type and the first number will be dropped. 1/2 second; maybe?

Message 4 of 11
NormsAUS
in reply to: Charles_Shade

yeah I know Smiley Happy

AutoCAD 2010LT was runnung no worries on my old PC which ran XP.

Now I got the new PC running Win7 with AutoCAD 2011LT and got the lag.

Loving Win7, Loving some of the new 2011LT additions, hating 1 thing... the lag. It's only a little bit, but enough to do your head in.

I will get IT onto it next time they are in. Maybe needing a better Video Card or something. Let's see what they can do.

Thanks Charles Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 11
TheStoneMan

We have experienced a similar problem on some drawings when 'selection cycling' is switched on (system variable SELECTIONCYCLING or various buttons). We have noticed that this happens with drawings that have been converted from other Acad producets. This feature was only introduced relatively recently so ties up with you noticing a problem on upgrade. Although a useful feature it is easily toggled using the rightmost button at the bottom left hand side of a standard screen.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

I am having the same issue in 2011, here is the thing I tried absolutelly everything, every solution you may encounter over the internet, I will name a few that you could try just to see if it works to you.

-In AutoCAD LT turn off following system variables, by giving them value 0 or OFF.
 DYNMODE
 ROLLOVERTIPS 
 HPQUICKPREVIEW 
 QPMODE 
 SHOWLAYERUSAGE

In AutoCAD LT turn off following system variables, by giving them value 0 or OFF.

-docking every floating palette you may have, and disabling the selection cycling

-enabling the hardware graphics inside the 3DCONFIG command, "manual tune"

Finally I've found none of this options works for me, the laggy mouse keeps going, then I encounter a stupid option, and when I checked it Worked :S; here is the thing

The problem happens when you work in cad2011with a document created in a previous cad, try opening a new document and you will see that the "laggyness" of your mouse dissapears

Message 7 of 11
NormsAUS
in reply to: Anonymous

Seems to be just the Dynamic Input.

Turned it off and everything was running fine, turned it on and all the lag started again.

In 2010 I had no drama's working with Dynamic Input on.

Cheers for all the advice.

Back now too having no lag 🙂 joy

Message 8 of 11
denispecek

It's not only a dynamic input thing.

In my case I experience the lagginess only in certain drawings (dynamic on or off) but still haven't got in what kind of drawings, what's in particular is actually causing the problem...

Message 9 of 11
TheStoneMan

We have found the affected drawings originate from some other Autocad package and file>drawing utlities>audit usually identifies quite a lot of errors. These drawings often have multiple overlaid lines, and as I highlighted earlier, switching off selection cycling seems to take the pressure off.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions.  I found the cursor/crosshair to be more unresponsive when I had AutoCAD 2012 Mech spanned across two monitors.  Having AutoCAD in only one monitor improved the response.  Turning off all hardware acceleration greatly improved the crosshair when ACAD is either in one monitor or spanned across two.

-Bryan

Dell M6300/Nvidia Quadro FX3600M/Core 2 Duo T8100/4Gb Ram/WinXP SP3 32-bit

Message 11 of 11
silvapick

I had the same problem with the jumpy cursor when trying to complete a line.  I originally didn't have the problem with my brand new high end laptop workstation with newly-loaded 2011LT.  Then one day the jumpy cursor appeared.  I retrospec, I must have turned on Dynamic Input without realizing it.  I didn't make the connection until I started turning things off and on to see the affect.  What a relief!  Now I have no uneeded dynamic info distracting me and my picks are back to being lightning fast.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost