Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing AutoCAD LT 2012!

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
Kate_LT
2175 Views, 40 Replies

Announcing AutoCAD LT 2012!

AutoCAD LT 2012 is here! Check out the new features then try it free for 30 days (usa.autodesk.com/autocad-lt/trial). You can even run the trial online, no download required (depending on available bandwidth).

Some of my favorite features:

• Associative Arrays
  • Multifuncational Grips
  • Auto-Complete Command Line
  • Sheet Set Manager

I'll be blogging in detail about these and other features in the coming weeks, but you can also read a good overview here, or watch the demo videos on YouTube (search for AutoCAD LT 2012).

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
40 REPLIES 40
Message 21 of 41
Kate_LT
in reply to: w64bit

The AutoCAD LT 2012 Preview Guide was a companion to the AutoCAD 2012 guide instead of a stand-alone doc. It was useful to our beta community but likely won't be published for general use.

Can I ask what you're looking for specifically that you're not finding on the website or in the demo videos?

Kate Morrical
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 22 of 41
Kate_LT
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Charles_Shade wrote:

Google does not find a comparison such as this one released in 2010:

LT 2007 to 2010 Comparison

The web version of this year's comparison matrix is on the AutoCAD LT product center. We're working on a PDF verison which should be available soon.

Kate Morrical
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
in reply to: Kate_LT

Is there any change to AutoCAD 2012 LT using Citrix?
Tags (1)
Message 24 of 41
Anonymous

Did they fix the severe performance issues seen in 2011LT with Aero? Or did they at least figure out why users with Win7Pro64 couldn't "Disable Visual Themes"?

Message 25 of 41
Kate_LT
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, the issues that some people saw with AutoCAD LT 2011 and Windows 7 have now been resolved. AutoCAD LT 2012 supports hardware acceleration, so it can take full advantage of the computer's graphics card. To check if your card is certified, go to www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard. (There isn't a separate listing for LT, but you can use the AutoCAD database.)

Kate Morrical
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 26 of 41
pendean

Message 27 of 41
Anonymous

So can I trade in my faulty 2011LT for the functional 2012LT?

Message 28 of 41
pendean

For a fee you can do whatever you want: get real 🙂

Message 29 of 41
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I don't expect to get anything. It's fairly typical for a company to release a product which is fualty and fails to meet usage requirments for many of its users. Most often, said company fixes the problems and makes you buy the new version to get what you were expecting from the orignial. Way of world, sure, but not exactly the kind of behavior that earns my repeated business.

Message 30 of 41
pendean

I used LT2011 for a full year now, as have many others, with no issues. So what exactly is your difficulty? This is the place to ask, but start your own thread and don't be so brief with details.

I found sround here that if you can't get LT2011 to work then LT2012 is no cure either.
Message 31 of 41
Anonymous

I did start a thread a long time ago and it had lots of participation (even from one of AutoDesk's employees). I can understand that not everyone had my issue (though several others did) and I can also understand that some of the workarounds would be sufficient to satisfy some of these people. But for how I need to use AutoCAD to make effective use of my time, there was no adequate workaround.

If you want the long version, you can see here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/Measurements-and-O-Snap-Ext-jerky-on-high-end-cert-GPU/td-p...

If you want a sumary of why the workarounds failed to satisfy me, see here:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/7289835-post9.html

Message 32 of 41
pendean

I remember, your video card chokes in LT2011. if there is no driver posted for it at Autodesk (no where else), there is no Autodesk cure.

LT2012 added hardware acceleration: it can fix or worsen the experience, only a download if the demo will confirm it.
Message 33 of 41
Anonymous

I've had 4 different 8740w laptops in the past year (don't ask). The 1st 2 had ATi M7820, the other 2 had Nvidia FX5000M. Both are "certified", but I'm not sure why that matters if LT2011 doesn't use hardware acceleration. From the users I've received feedback from, the problem seemed related specifically to Win7Pro64. Other Win764 versions seemed fine for others, the Pro version seemed to be a common denominator among users with my problem. Of course this just a guess as I lack both the resources and technical knowledge to prove this to be true.

Message 34 of 41
pendean

Interesting observation: since upgrading Windows 7 tend to take less than 10-minutes online (but parting with +/-US$100), it might be worth it for someone with big issues to discover if that is true.

My humble HP Pavilion DV6 with Win7 Pro doesn't seem to be affected by much with LT2011 when I am out of the office.

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous

Hmmm, your HP Dv6 makes me think the $100 is not worth risking...you clearly demonstrate that the problem is not caused by, or least not 100% correlated with Win7P64.

Message 36 of 41
warrentl

I'm currently using LT2007, and a coworker is using LT2006. We're wanting to upgrade to LT2012. Is it possible to purchase an upgrade to LT2012, or must I purchase a full version of LT2012?

Message 37 of 41
Charles_Shade
in reply to: warrentl

You would need a new Full seat for each user.

Upgrade not available for 5 and 6 year old software.

Look at Amazon from time to time and you may find a good deal for the LT 2012.

Message 38 of 41
RobertWichert

Can anybody tell me for certain if 2012 LT will allow insertion of image files (TIFF or JPG) into a DWG?  I have a VERY old version of LT and it DOES NOT allow insertion of such image files.  I am thinking of upgrading, and I need to know FOR SURE.

Thanks!

Robert Wichert

Message 39 of 41

Download the Trial and test.

You can know first hand.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 40 of 41
drjohn
in reply to: RobertWichert

A more direct answer = yes.  It will insert jpg images at least. I have done that.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost