Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Text Scale

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
moe4082
2455 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative Text Scale

I'm sure there is a setting to handle my issue, but I am just not sure which one.

I am running AutoCAD LT 2012 and am just getting started using Annotative Text, Dimensions, and Leaders.  I have one large file with multiple details at multiple scales.  If I annotate a detail at the 1" = 1' scale, and then switch to 3/4" = 1' scale to annotate a different detail, it changes the text 1" per text to 3/4" per in the model.

Somehow, even when it does this, it maintains the 1" scale and everything looks right in paperspace.  Any setting to change so the scale for text, dimensions, leaders I have already created remains the same? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: moe4082

Not sure I follow... annotative scale means that the text never changes height in paperspace but your model does rescale based on your choices. That's in paperspace.

In modelspace... what really happens is the text size changes since your 1:1 drawn model doesn't and shouldn't resize.

Is this what you're having difficulties with? For a beginner you might find it easier to just work inside your viewport in paperspace and only jump to modelspace when you need to change or edit the model.
Message 3 of 4
KateMorricalTowne
in reply to: moe4082

Perhaps it's the "automatically add annotation scales" that is confusing you?

http://ltunlimited.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/07/automatically-add-annotation-scales.html

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 4 of 4
moe4082
in reply to: KateMorricalTowne

Perfect.  Your post was exactly what I was looking for and works great.  Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost