Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Scale Keyin

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
DaveT4287
562 Views, 6 Replies

Annotative Scale Keyin

Is there a keyin to change Annotative Scale?  My program freezes when I try to change it through the dialog box.  Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: DaveT4287

Which dialog box?
Which LT version?
Is this a new problem? If yes, what's new/different from the last time it worked?
Message 3 of 7
DaveT4287
in reply to: pendean

AutoCAD 2014 LT.  When you click on a viewport you can change the scale and annotation scale in the properties dialog.  The program locks up when I try to change the annotation scale.  Is there a keyin instead?  And yes, I make sure it isn't locked.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Is the problem only in one file?
Or does this happen in all files and all viewports?
Is this a new problem that appeared?

Message 5 of 7
DaveT4287

1) This has been happening in every file in every viewport

2) I've been working in Microstation the last 2 years (I have over 15 years experience in that program) and just made the switch back to AutoCAD 4 weeks ago when I changed jobs.  Prior to that my time in AutoCAD wasn't using Annotative Text.  It is possible I haven't set something up correctly.  I'm thinking I might start it all over from scratch and see what happens, after watching some videos on the topic to make sure I'm doing it correctly.  Thanks for the feedback.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

There is no reason for the crash, so if it's not file specific it could be many things.
Are you importing Microstation files? Or are these AutoCAD only files?
Outside of Properties there is also a Pulldown list for viewport scales on the lower-right corner of your AutoCAD program window, and you can also use ZOOM command for the typing option.
Message 7 of 7
DaveT4287

Just an update to say I was able to get the files to work as expected.  This was an old project I took over so the history of the files is unknown.  I basically blocked out information and inserted them into brand new 2014 files and rebuilt the project.  It took a little time but now it is work as expected.  Thank you for the responses.

Until nex time!!

Dave

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost