Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative objects question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BillW435
280 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative objects question

Let' see if I have this right...

When adding text directly in paper space, there is no point in making it annotative, correct?

I am revising  ACad drawings which have paper space text that appears odd in print preview, suspect a problem relating to annotative setting.

What changes should I make between adding text in model space (which I want to be annotative) and dding text directly in paper space?

Thanks much, all.

Bill 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: BillW435

You can use Annotative Objects anywhere, that's the beauty of the feature: no limitations.

Message 3 of 4
heinsite

You don't need to make any changes.  Annotative text objects follow the "rules" of the dimstyle chosen, so if you place them directly in paper space they will show up exactly as defined.  When you place them in model space you need to be aware of what cannoscale(s) will be required.  Otherwise they may not show up in a viewport here and there.

I use annotative text almost exclusively now.  Once you get to the point where you understand how the visibility settings work it becomes pretty easy.  It certainly helps standardize the look of your work!

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 4 of 4
BillW435

Thank you Dean and Dave.

Yes, I try to use annotative settings, now that I understand scale requirements.

It turned out that my problem related to default line weight. (Really!).

In all layers of the drawing, lineweight was set to default, which was often too heavy.  I reset lineweight to what I really neded, which improved appearance greatly.

As always, appreciate your naluable assistance.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost