Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation scale list window missing

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
siefertassoc
13671 Views, 16 Replies

Annotation scale list window missing

I have a user who's annotation scale list window is not showing up on the screen. With a little trial and error we decided that it is popping up (we think), just not on the screen. We try to enter the window from the properties and after we hit the button with the 3 dots, it would normally pop up after that, we can't do anything. We get a default tone like when you try to click on something other then the window before you close the window. If we hit escape (closing the window) everything is normal. He doesn't remember but I'm assuming it popped up and he accidental moved it off the screen somehow. He's been working on an older project that didn't use annotatve scales, it also happened about a month ago. Now he needs it because he's working on newer projects that use the annotative scales. We run dual monitors and I tried a bunch of things to see if I can force the window back onto the screen. Tried disabling one monitor while the scale window is open, changing the resolution (default one is the max allowed), rotating the displays, etc.

Another thing I haven't tried yet, we have a few machines that have hookups for 3 monitors. I was hoping that if I can get 3 on one of the systems I can have him log on, hopefully find the window and move it. Then log back onto his machine and it will be there. That is if is dependent on his profile. Of course there is the possibility that the window is not popping up and the tone is an error tone. And there's the old, repair, reinstall or remove and reinstall.

Help running out of ideas

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
pendean
in reply to: siefertassoc

The location would be PC specific, not a profile option.

Autodesk recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures, if it comes to that:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

Message 3 of 17
Irish2

Another thing you can try is to temporarily change the monitor resolution so that anything "outside" the viewable area has room to show. Set the window where you want it and then change the resolution back.

Message 4 of 17
siefertassoc
in reply to: Irish2

OK fixed it.

I tried a normal repair, reinstall and a removal and reinstall with no fix. I then tried a total reinstall plus manually removing all references to autocad and autodesk from the local machine, his local profile and server copy of the profile. In addition hacking all the remnants out of the registry and using a registry cleaner. Rebooted the machine and did a clean install. Everything worked fine as the admin and another user whose profile happened to be on the system. I logged in as the problem user and started ACAD for the "first" time. Standard default ribbon came up however there were still some his settings that remained, and no annotation window. Finally I tried logging into a machine that the problem user has never used. Before doing so I deleted all ACAD files in the server copy his profile. The virgin login pulled the profile off the server fine and I started ACAD for the first time. After all the initial setup the true default settings were all there and, at last, the annotation window. I logged off to save the updated profile to the server. Went to his normal machine, deleted all ACAD files from his local profile via the admin. Logged in as him and ran ACAD. First run setup completed the 100% default setup was loaded. Swapped in his .cuix file and all is working.

So now that the problem is fixed, can anyone tell me what got screwed up in the first place? A possible faster/easier solution for next time.

Thanks

Message 5 of 17
johnk

Ok, I know this one is old and may have been answered somewhere else, but I just wanted to post how if fixed this today.  When I tried to add an annoscale to a multileader, the list box of current annoscales was not visible.  Held down Shift-WindowsKey-Arrow Dwn/Up/Left/Right and it poped up on screen.  Then had same problem with the list box of current drawing scales available to add to the annotative object.  Used the same process Shift-WindowsKey-Arrow Dwn/Up/Left/Right and it poped up on screen.  Just thought I would post this in case anyone else does an internet search.

Message 6 of 17
rgarford
in reply to: johnk

This works. Can someone move this to the top so that it has better visibility.
Message 7 of 17
rgarford

Please see bottom post for a quicker solution.
Message 8 of 17
eric130

This really worked. Quickest solution possible.
Message 9 of 17
johnk
in reply to: eric130

I have to look up my own post every few years! It is the only way I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 10 of 17
BDLux

1) Right click the Scale List button, then select "Custom"
2) Press Alt + Spacebar
3) Press the down arrow once, followed by Enter
4) Press the left arrow
5) The dialog box should now be locked to your mouse, so you should be able to bring it back on your screen.

Credit to Nestly on CADTutor

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 17
tonywgstuart

Hi, I was just having the same issue.

I'm assuming you have dual screens (as I also do).

After reading your post I tried a couple of things and one, after a couple of minutes, worked (without half the hassle you encountered).

Go into screen resolution and switch the 1 and 2 screen locations (don't check 'make this my main display' or anything else).

Activate the window popup again and you should now see it pop up! Easy as that.

Edit: After actually reading the other replies instead of the Solved one, I found an easier option than mine.

Held down Shift + WindowsKey then while they are pushed cycle through Arrow Dwn / Up / Left / Right and it popped up on screen ( I don't think the order of arrowing matters).

Cheers,

Tony

Message 12 of 17
thomas.grimmZW5CB

THIS!!! THIS WORKS!!! WELL DONE GOOD SIR. I was skeptical at first, wasn't sure if I was being trolled or not, but it truly did work. 

DO NOT GO THROUGH A TOTAL UNINSTALL BEFORE YOU HAVE TRIED THIS.

Thanks again,

Tags (2)
Message 13 of 17
sergorehov

thank you!Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 17
C3D_TomR
in reply to: BDLux

Great solution! Thanks for posting, @BDLux!

Tom Richardson

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature
Autodesk Certified Professional in Civil 3D for Infrastructure Design
AutoCAD Certified Professional
------------------------------------
Autodesk AEC Community Blog
Crossing the line with Civil 3D
Twitter | LinkedIn
------------------------------------
Austin CAD User Group Resources
Blog | Discord | LinkedIn

Autodesk Group Network Leader

Message 15 of 17
andyhubbard1085

That worked perfectly. Thank you for posting this it saved me over an hour of Reinstall nightmare.

Message 16 of 17
lmartin
in reply to: BDLux

Me funcionó también!

Message 17 of 17
jeremiah

Message 5 of 16 is the best solution.

I first encountered this while using a plugin and thought maybe they suppressed something. It turns out it was my workstation all along, like most everybody else posting in this thread(i presume) i also use multiple monitors.

Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost