Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANNOAUTOSCALE Problems

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
arkman
4076 Views, 5 Replies

ANNOAUTOSCALE Problems

I've just started working with annotative text in AutoCAD.  I'm having an issue with the scale of it.  I have a very small project with two drawings, at two different scales.  They are in the same model space so I switch between scales often.  Each time I do it changes the scale of the other drawing so the text size changes.  It prints fine and all but its frustrating to click on the text and it show me the other scales I've changed the model space to.

I was under the impression if you have the ANNOAUTOSCALE turned off (right now mine is set to -4) then it won't change the text that I've already made to the new anno scale I've selected.

Right now I have a drawing at 1/8" scale.  I had the scale set when I noted everythign and its fine...until I change the scale to work on the 1 1/2" detail.  Then all the 1/8" scale text sizes change, even though it auto scale is turned off.

What am I missing?  Why does it do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: arkman

ANNOALLVISIBLE variable may be what you seek?

Message 3 of 6
arkman

Dean,

Thanks for the comment but thats not quite right.  Maybe I am wrong it how it works.

I have 2 different scales.  I was under the impression that you can have both show up and be the proper scale and with the ANNOAUTOSCALE variable turned off your notes wont change size when your scale is changed.  Maybe thats wrong.

Thanks though!

Message 4 of 6
pendean

I may have misunderstood your question: on re-reading it, you may be committing the "ultimate sin" of mixing annotative scales in the one single model space tab and hoping somehow they all will plot correctly or not switch when you need one scale or the other.

Is that a fair summary?

The fix is to plot froma paperspace LAYOUT, each viewport assigned to one scale, and you wrok from inside each viewport for text and dimensions. And never use modelspace for plotting two scales.

Explore VPMAX and VPMIN commands for the ideal method of working inside viewports (as opposed to just activating a viewport in paperspace).

Post back if I missed something.

Message 5 of 6
arkman

I think you got it dean. I'm not trying to plot from model space though.  It is all setup in paper space and works fine there.  I just thought I could more or less "lock" the text to a certain scale in model space.  

Normally I don't do it this way but for this project it makes sense to do it.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Yes, VPMAX and VPMIN are ideal for the task.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost