AutoCAD LT General Discussion

AutoCAD LT General Discussion

Valued Contributor
Irish2
Message 11 of 14 (1,331 Views)

Re: Aligning multiple objects

10-19-2012 12:27 PM in reply to: pendean

Well, say what you want but I happen to LIKE the wuss way! :smileywink: And to the last poster: if that is too tedious for you well, not sure what to say. Not really a big deal. If you need that type of alignment then plan for it and its even a lesser issue than above! 

EUGENERIEL2527
Message 12 of 14 (1,227 Views)

11-26-2012 06:57 AM in reply to: cooldster

This doesn't solve the problem of moving multiple objects at once as you can do in Illustrator and Quark for example. You're still just moving one object at a time. What if you are trying to line up 20, or 100 objects?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 13 of 14 (1,214 Views)

11-26-2012 10:34 AM in reply to: EUGENERIEL2527

The solution may be full AutoCAD and some lispcustomization: others LT does not ofmuch any other option similar to the other programs. If you believe it does, please post a DWG with what you wish to do in it and include instructions on you desired final result.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
tommytamasese
Message 14 of 14 (1,147 Views)

12-19-2012 12:47 PM in reply to: SteveAB

The way I align multiple objects is I choose which object I want the rest to line up with and SELECT that object and right-click Properties and under the Geometry tab I highlight the Position X for example 692'-9 7/8" and I copy that number.

Then I SELECT all of the objects I want to align, I right-click and select Properties, then under Geometry I paste in a value for the Position X  692'-9 7/8" and I Leave the Position Y as *VARIES*.  And thats it.  

That will make all of your object align vertically on the y-axis.  Don't try to use the mouse to set the Position X because all of your Position Y will also use the point you click on.  It's something Autodesk could fix but no big deal, i just paste the numbers in the Position X.  

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.